Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: simple chemistry?
The_Chunker
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-12-2003 at 12:46
simple chemistry?

This is my first post, and I'm not sure if this is even allowed here but here it goes:

I was wondering if anyone knew of a simple chemical test to test for the presence of synthetic mescaline? Or if anyone has a description, picture, smells, etc... that they could share.
blazter
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-12-2003 at 13:15

First of all, synthetic mescaline will be no different than natural mescaline. Meaning that alkaloids extracted from peyote, san pedro, or any other cactus will behave almost identically to anything synthetically produced. Secondly, the existence of synthetic mescaline is supposed to be very rare since it is simply not nearly as profitable for capable chemists to make instead of say MDA or MDMA. This is for two reasons, the dosage of mescaline is relativly high, around 300mg, where the dosage for many other drugs is mugh lower. In addition, the synthetic routes for other drugs are fairly well established, as well as easier to conduct.

To answer you question, there is not really any conclusive qualatative field tests to determine the presence of mescaline that I am aware of. You can possibly order a "marquis reagent test kit" which is commonly used to show the presence of various "interesting" alkaloids. This test is not 100% reliable however.

Go To Top