Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New meth formula avoids anti-drug laws
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 27-8-2009 at 08:05

Up-thread I mentioned that I applied anhydrous ammonia to plowed ground as a fertilizer. This was many years ago, and upon reflection I believe that it was instead "aqua ammonia." This is more like 25% NH3 in water. Although probably not under too much pressure, it was still potent stuff and I was careful to keep upwind of the hose end after disconnecting!

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
ammonium isocyanate
Hazard to Others

Mood: sick :(

[*] posted on 31-8-2009 at 15:42

Why doesn't somebody just try the so-called "shake-n-bake method", reducing 2-phenylethanolamine to phenethylamine? The reaction ought to be analogous, and legal. That way we'll find out if this is just pure fear-mongering.

I doubt it'll work. I just don't see the lithium bronze intermediate being stable enough in the presence of all that water to reduce the hydroxyl group.

Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm not advocating the production of stimulants. I just wanna know if the media even tries to do its homework anymore when it comes to drugs.

psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 31-8-2009 at 17:11

Wouldn't suprise me if it was plain wrong.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
ketel-one
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-9-2009 at 22:41

Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
They can make ammonium nitrate a regulated chemical, but if they want to do that, then they have to do so with every ammonium salt, e.g. ammonium sulfate and ammonium chloride.

Is ammonia in itself a regulated chemical? Because good amounts NH3 gas can be made out of any NH3 salt and KOH (video).

[Edited on 24-9-2009 by ketel-one]
dann2
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2009 at 02:38

Yes,
It's one of those chemicals that NEEDS to be regulated. While most people here condemn regulation, I am convinced that they will agree with me on this one.
I purchased a large cylinder of the stuff some time ago (not for making Methamphetamine coz I dont use Ammonia for that) and I had to purchase an expensive regulator to get the stuff safely out of the cylinder. The bloody stuff nearly blinded the two eyes in me head.

Dann2
grndpndr
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-9-2009 at 14:48

Quote: Originally posted by Magpie  
Up-thread I mentioned that I applied anhydrous ammonia to plowed ground as a fertilizer. This was many years ago, and upon reflection I believe that it was instead "aqua ammonia." This is more like 25% NH3 in water. Although probably not under too much pressure, it was still potent stuff and I was careful to keep upwind of the hose end after disconnecting!

Stuff will damn near suffocate ya 1/4 mile downwind.Ya didnt have to wear a respirator while applying it?!
(anhydrous ammonia)

[Edited on 25-9-2009 by grndpndr]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top