Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 18-9-2009 at 04:52

Nice try!
And I'm being generous. . .
FuriousGeorge
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-9-2009 at 09:13

I don't think 'generous' is the right word. ;)

Once again, I am not who you say I am.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-9-2009 at 09:22

What word(s) would you use in its place, FuriousGeorge?
And, BTW, 'fellow' is a word you should excise from your vocabulary before your next, much anticipated, incarnation!
What fun this is!

[Edited on 18-9-2009 by hissingnoise]
FuriousGeorge
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-9-2009 at 13:18

When I first got your PM I was confused, and, yes, the subsequent PMs and messages in this thread were somewhat amusing. The novelty is starting to wear off, replaced by a sense of annoyance at being essentially called a liar by you time and again.

I don't know how else to tell you that I am 'FuriousGeorge' not 'Sauron'.

In 2005 when I posted on Gentoo Forums, I was FuriousGeorge.

Yesterday, in Kubuntu Forums, I was still FuriousGeorge.

In between, on every other forum, I am always FuriousGeorge.

When I asked a related question to this one on a forum that didn't quite cover the scope a few days before posting here, I was known as FuriousGeorge.

When sought a more appropriate forum for followups, and I googled 'Good Chemistry Forum' (see 1st result), I found this one. I signed up, and once again I am (wait for it) FuriousGeorge. :P

You see, I am always FuriousGeorge or FuriousGeorge1 or something similar. One anonymous personality is enough for me, and it makes user names and passwords easier to remember.

While I didn't coin the name, I like to reserve it ASAP on every forum because, after all these years, I still find it amusing, and still get compliments on it (like the one you gave me in your first wacky PM).

Why would I be 'Sauron' or 'HissingNoise' when I could be 'FuriousGeorge'?

I suppose you could argue I've deviated from a pattern just so I could have a hissing contest with you, only to rejoin the forums as my altar / standard ego, just so I have it out with you again. Anything is possible if not plausible.

If that's what you believe I think the ego that needs reigning in may not be mine. Not everything is about you, and this is one of those things.

I've already spent more time than I care to on this, so I hope you will follow the links and be reasonable.

In any case, please stop PMing me. We can have this discussion here.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-9-2009 at 13:52

Yes, I can understand you being annoyed---if I were you I'd be furious, FuriousGeorge. . .
But I won't belabour the point further, except to say, your post is utterly convincing, and a credit to your presence of mind.
I, however, just don't believe any of it, Sauron.
FuriousGeorge
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-9-2009 at 14:11
whatever

For yuks I updated one of the posts I'd referenced in my apparently unconvincing defense (In case you're thinking they weren't mine).

That said, I'm gonna henceforth fight my instinct as a male to argue with you, because that would just further convince you that I am your friend sauron, and if I waste my life hashing this out with you we both lose.

Let's just agree to disagree, and I have no problem letting anyone who cares judge for themselves.

Despite the fact that you have disrespected me several times, I'm still willing to accept an apology.

I can always respect someone who admits when they are wrong, even if it's only after 'convincing' evidence has been offered to the contrary, but especially when they feel they have been insulted.

Of course, I have not yet actually insulted you. I'm sure you will agree that I've been quite civil with you despite everything.

Quote:

Nice try!
And I'm being generous. . .

Quote:

I don't think 'generous' is the right word. ;)

Once again, I am not who you say I am.

Quote:

What word(s) would you use in its place, FuriousGeorge?

And, BTW, 'fellow' is a word you should excise from your vocabulary before your next, much anticipated, incarnation!
What fun this is!

As such I think I've earned the right to also apologize, at some point down the road, for calling you 'a flame throwing troll and a net disservice to this forum' (since you asked).

Just my opinion based on fact.

[Edited on 18-9-2009 by FuriousGeorge]
hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-9-2009 at 05:25

Er. . .I seem to have talked myself into a very embarrassing corner with my laughably unfounded suspicions. . .
FuriousGeorge, I apologise wholeheartedly for subjecting you to that stream of allegation and abusive innuendo---what the hell was I thinking?
My only paltry defense is your online similarity to Sauron, a very lively, though controversial member who once appeared here in a pretty thin disguise.
The similarity in writing style between you and him seemed so uncanny I foolishly convinced myself that you actually were him.
Your initial delayed response too seemed significant but your last two posts have laid bare my extreme fallibility for all to see.
What can I say---I've made a spectacular mistake and earned your opprobrium for it.
I hope you'll come to see it as an unfortunate, one-off lapse for which I'm truly sorry. . .
And now since it's obvious you're not Sauron, let me just say, welcome to SciMad FuriousGeorge.
The real Sauron must be laughing his head off. . .
FuriousGeorge
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-9-2009 at 12:39

No worries; mistakes happen

I'm sure those of us who are barely informed enough to ask a question start to sound alike at some point.

Your explanation indicates that you are not some 'troll' but instead a gentlemen and a scholar ;)

hissingnoise
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-9-2009 at 03:58

Thanks FuriousGeorge---the way you've handled this episode suggests 'a gentleman and a scholar' describes you more aptly than it does me. . .
halogenstruck
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-9-2009 at 21:42

best bet:mix Ca3(PO4)2 or Na3PO4 and MeOH and add H2SO4 100% then mix very well and reflux.then cool it to 0 Degree and filter it.
that`s it
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top