Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How can I neutralize azodicarbonami's colour?
mn1362
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-9-2009 at 23:22
How can I neutralize azodicarbonami's colour?

In the name of Allah.
Dear Sir/Madam
I studied about blowing agnets. As you probably know, Azodicarbonamide has the great ability of foaming.This blowing agent has yellow colour (sometimes has trends to orange). When I added Azodicarbonamide to my P.V.C compounds I find serious problem.The colour of Azodicarbonamide makes my compound trends to slightly yellow while I need White fina result. How can I neutralize the colour of azodicarbonamide in compounds?
Best Wishes
Paddywhacker
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-9-2009 at 00:22

Yellows can sometimes be hidden by adding blue. Something to make the colour black. The result will be a slight greying of the white. Hopefully not noticable.

In the name of Cthulhu!
mn1362
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-9-2009 at 12:26

In the name of Allah.
Thank You Paddywhacker
There are two main ways to face this colour problem. First is what you told me. Adding some additives to the compound. Second way is going to promoting the compound by the another blowing agent such as sodium bicarbonate.Other blowing agents are not useful enough because their power for foaming is not enough as much as azodicarbonamide. ( for example sodium bicarbonate has alightly a few more than half power of foaming in contrast with azodicarbonamide.) I hope visitors share their opinions.It is useful to increase our knowledge or increasing the power of creativity among later visitors.

Do or not to Do? This is the primary reason of Be or not to Be.
Best wishes to all of you and Paddywhacker.
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
25-9-2009 at 23:24
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 25-9-2009 at 23:38

In the name of nobody, do not open new threads on the already discussed topics. Use the old thread instead. Also, provide references when you open threads in the Organic forum section, so that I will not have to move them to Beginnings again.
mn1362
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-9-2009 at 05:19

In the name of Allah.
I am sorry nickodem. By my vision, I attempted to expand feelings of sharing chemistry science here.
Best Wishes.:)

Go To Top