Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hello people !
Heliosfighter
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

biggrin.gif posted on 28-9-2009 at 11:56
Hello people !

Hi, I'm a new on this forum.

I think than I must present me to you, and I do it !
My name is Geoffrey, I'm french an I study chemistry. You can find my vocabulary is poor, it's right ... however I think than you can correct me if you whant (It's a good method for learn quickly the american). I've got a website in french who is named www.nobelios.com but in France our law are so ... FUCKING BAD and we must control each sentence !

I read this forum since some years now ... but today I have progress for speak with you and I can post lot of Matters ^^ !

Like how make N,N-dimethylamine from Anilin ...

That all ! Have a nice day and see you soon !

Don't open your eyes, you won't like what you see.
You can correct my sentences because I want to have a good vocabulary.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Klute
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 12:43

Nice to see another compatriote! It's a shame we don't have any meaningfull french forums, compared to your german and dutch neighbours..

Anyway, bienvenue, and I'll be looking forward to your posts on dimethylation of aniline!

EDIT: very nice site BTW, lots of good work! I suppose your are/were student in a IUT?

[Edited on 28-9-2009 by Klute]

\"You can battle with a demon, you can embrace a demon; what the hell can you do with a fucking spiritual computer?\"

-Alice Parr
Heliosfighter
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 13:20

Yes i'ts right ! I'am in DUT in ST-AVOLD "57 Lorraine"

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 13:46

Welcome! Nice website, but your English is much better than my French.

So is that a school lab? It's very nice, too.

Are you doing an Eschweiler-Clark for the dimethylaniline? Or do you have something better in mind?

[Edited on 28-9-2009 by entropy51]
Klute
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 13:51

Hey, I was living not far in Strasbourg, until a month ago! I did a BTS at one time, lots of practical lab work, a delight, compared to university (Master), were practical lab work is more limited and general. You are very courageous of publishing all your lab work on a internet site, your teachers must be delighted! Passionate students are so rare..

\"You can battle with a demon, you can embrace a demon; what the hell can you do with a fucking spiritual computer?\"

-Alice Parr
Heliosfighter
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 14:24

Some experiences are realised in my scool lab, but I've a private lab with 250 chemical reagents next to my home in a garden sheds who develop in lab.

I've test the eschweiller clarke, but the reaction make a produce like a polymer (solvable in acid and precipit in base). I think that reaction is not possible with aromatic amine, however maybe I've wrong. Next I've test the hoffman reaction, and it's a failed to !
In last, in a desperate attempt I've test a nucleophil substitution from methanol and sulfuric acid with anilin, I knew in advance that not perform but I've though test. I've realize the last test in atmospheric conditions.

Conclusion, lot of chemical reagents has been lost, and I stopped the experimentation. The French aromatic amine methylation literature is poor, and I've juste search in VOGEL PRACTICAL and MERK unsuccessfully.

[Edited on 28-9-2009 by Heliosfighter]

Geoffrey
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 14:55

Hello
I use this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Geoffrey and I came from France too.
I know the other Geoffrey (Heliosfighter) we already met together.
I am studying in an aerospace ingeneering school, and I am passionate in chemistry (also in energetic chemistry) and electronics.

It's been several years I read this forum, I think it's one of the best particularly in the field of "exotic" chemistry.
As Geoffrey says, the french "Perben II" law doesn't allow anybody to publish about explosives on the internet, that's why it's difficult to meet people who are interested in this field of chemistry.
It was not the case 5 years ago, and thanks to silly forum about explosives I meet very interesting people who are posting on this forum ^^

I would like to improve my written english by posting on this forum, but every idea I have has already been discussed...

Klute
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 15:53

You can dimethylate aniline very effectively using trimethylphosphate. I think I already posted the ref in the Org Chem forum.

-Alice Parr
User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 16:20

Welcome :)

Ahh i see.. tetryl right.. :P

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 16:34

Quote: Originally posted by Heliosfighter  

I've test the eschweiller clarke, but the reaction make a produce like a polymer (solvable in acid and precipit in base). I think that reaction is not possible with aromatic amine, however maybe I've wrong. Next I've test the hoffman reaction, and it's a failed to !
In last, in a desperate attempt I've test a nucleophil substitution from methanol and sulfuric acid with anilin, I knew in advance that not perform but I've though test. I've realize the last test in atmospheric conditions.

Conclusion, lot of chemical reagents has been lost, and I stopped the experimentation. The French aromatic amine methylation literature is poor, and I've juste search in VOGEL PRACTICAL and MERK unsuccessfully.

That's why I asked if you had a better idea! There's a prep in the literature using oxalic acid and paraformaldehyde, but requires heating to 120 C. I'm wondering if that can be done in ordinary glassware; the authors just say they "sealed the flask". I'm not too comfortable with high pressure reactions. That prep is here:
www.sciencemadness.org/talk/files.php?pid=86049&aid=2349

[Edited on 29-9-2009 by entropy51]
Heliosfighter
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-9-2009 at 21:52

thank you I go see it !

[Edited on 29-9-2009 by Heliosfighter]

Go To Top