Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Starting out - glassware in Australia
manbot
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-10-2009 at 23:19

Quote: Originally posted by starman  

I was afraid all the warnings might discourage you.Dont give up just yet manbot.AFAIK legislation in VIC, NSW or the ACT is nowhere near as draconian or misguided. We need people as yourself entering the hobby.As a hobby it is as fascinating and rewarding as it gets.One can spend a lifetime adsorbed and not exhaust endless possibilities.Best of all is the possibility of discovering a novel compound or reaction,retired persons at home have done it before.
What our legislators have to get through their heads is amatuer chemistry does not necessarily mean drug lab.Provided due saftey considerations are respected WE HAVE A RIGHT TO AMATEUR RESEARCH!

Thanks for the encouragement starman.

I find the whole nanny state thing offensive in so many ways and I'm reluctant to give in to it.

I'm just about to enroll in a summer school chem course and I'd like to be able to start mucking around at home before then. If I walk in to a chem supply place in Sydney will they sell me glassware or do I automatically go onto a police list somewhere?

Ramiel
Vicious like a ferret

Mood: Semi-demented

[*] posted on 30-10-2009 at 03:00

If they photocopy your driver's licence, it's a good bet. At least the people at rowe had the decency to tell me I'd be on a federal database for 5+ years.

Caveat Orator
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top