Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: chat room for drug designer
ANDLOS
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-1-2010 at 10:09
chat room for drug designer

I suggest to make chat room for drug designer and organic chemist allover the world and to organize free webinar on the forum this will have great benefit to all members
bbartlog
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-1-2010 at 10:35

You go do that, then. Oh, you mean you want *other* people to arrange such a facility for your amusement. I personally hate the chat format as it does not provide time for composition, reflection and (if necessary) research before putting your thoughts out there.
User
Hazard to Others

Mood: Passionate

[*] posted on 25-1-2010 at 11:28

Good idea.
I'd say launch it and post the adres :)

What a fine day for chemistry this is.
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-1-2010 at 13:07

Quote: Originally posted by User  
Good idea.
I'd say launch it and post the adres :)
Yes, the person most enthusiastic about it always makes the most motivated administrator.
manimal
Hazard to Others

Mood: ain't even mad

[*] posted on 25-1-2010 at 16:54

The OP was stupid, but it'd be cool if SM had a shoutbox. Members could brainstorm in real time, bounce ideas off each other, or just chat.
chief
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 02:49

I might be eager to do the software, for free, as a reference-project to display my abilities ...
==> But someone else gotta host it, for I'm not gonna risk the legalities of drug-law-greyzones

The software I'm gonna make/install/adapt ...; just get a Provider (at least php with MySQL or another database, better also perl, shell-account etc.); get yourself the Domain and contact me then here in the thread.

Someone else gotta be responsible for that ... :D

[Edited on 26-1-2010 by chief]
ANDLOS
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-1-2010 at 00:22

Quote: Originally posted by bbartlog  
You go do that, then. Oh, you mean you want *other* people to arrange such a facility for your amusement. I personally hate the chat format as it does not provide time for composition, reflection and (if necessary) research before putting your thoughts out there.

Why you say that, why you do not say i want to learn from other and olso learn others.
i realy research before putting my idea.
the experiment show that it is realy good and useful for all researcher .
see the rooms for learning english french---etc
i do not mean to make room to chat togather
i mean to arrange a certain schedule for experts in all fields of drug design i realy know doctors who want to spread scientific ideas via this room and they will be very useful to us .
i hope that forum support this idea
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 27-1-2010 at 03:56

Doctors don't spread their scientific ideas via a designer drug chat room. Cooks do (or want to do).
If you want to set up such a chat room, feel free to do so. You already have one non-member, named woelen :D.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
chief
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-1-2010 at 06:44

"Drug" has not the same meaning as "controlled substance", and more than one person each day dies (worldwide) because of no appropriate pharmaceutical medication.

But instead of a chatroom I would suggest an open forum, with 2 sections: "Agreed upon" & "under discussion"; just about anything a human might want to ingest ...
==> It certainly might save many young people from the consequences of cook's mistakes
==> and might as well help provide pharmacies in poor regions, where people die like flies because of not enough $$$$ for the patented stuff of the few big global players ...

In the "agreed-upon" sections there would be the good and well explored syntheses ...
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 27-1-2010 at 06:49

I fully agree with you that the word "drug" has a much wider meaning than "controlled substance", but I just have the feeling that ANDLOS' aim is discussion of a certain subset of the class of compounds which can be called "drug". Most of us will have a good idea of which subset I am thinking of.... ;)

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 27-1-2010 at 06:55

Quote: Originally posted by ANDLOS  
i realy know doctors who want to spread scientific ideas via this room and they will be very useful to us .
What? Doctors have scientific ideas? This is news to me! Why didn't I get that memo?

But if doctors did have scientific ideas, I'll bet that they would spread them in the scientific literature.
ANDLOS
Harmless

smile.gif posted on 27-1-2010 at 07:59

Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  
Quote: Originally posted by ANDLOS  
i realy know doctors who want to spread scientific ideas via this room and they will be very useful to us .
What? Doctors have scientific ideas? This is news to me! Why didn't I get that memo?

But if doctors did have scientific ideas, I'll bet that they would spread them in the scientific literature.

Ok sir but we can also say that room of organized lectures as webinar will be useful and if we try and annonce that any
expert in certain field could have his time in schedule
i mean i want to exchange ideas in this field so that all benefit i hope u understand me
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 27-1-2010 at 08:22

Quote:

They already have something like this its called Blacklight but GL on letting shit topic of discussion fly there. There are doctors there and they are interested in mind altering and non mind altering substances and the inner workings of various neuro transmitters and drug metabolism. However if someone ran over there trying to talk about the endless discussions seen elseware on various drug forums they would get the boot quicker then they can cough out there bong hit.

[Edited on 27-1-2010 by Sedit]

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
ANDLOS
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-1-2010 at 06:36

QSARpro webinar covers:

1) Understanding of the innovative Group QSAR (GQSAR) method and its application
2) How to unleash the strength of your molecule dataset
3) How to customise and build smart QSAR models
4) How to enhance the scope of your predicted results by addressing Inverse QSAR problem

The webinar lasts for about 30 minutes followed by an interactive Q & A session.

Come prepared with your questions because you can ask your questions to the wellknown QSAR expert Dr. Subhash Ajmani, PhD, Scientist & Senior Management staff at NovaLead Pharma.

THIS WHAT I MEAN

Go To Top