Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: A small room lab setup (macGivered)
SWilkin676
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-6-2010 at 05:45

I'm thinking of adding more stabilization to the base and see if I can hang stuff off of it like small platforms instead of the table. I'm also considering moving the strut instead of mountin it to the bar that was there, took enough time as it was and I wanted to get started!

Strut is better to use than tslot because the aluminum is more likely to get you into trouble than the metal in the strut. Tslot is smoother to move things in though.
SeaDonkey
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-6-2010 at 07:30

Quote: Originally posted by SWilkin676  

I'm using a fry daddy filled with silicon carbide (like a sand bath, only much hotter much faster) when I need serious heat.

Why not use it as an oil bath? There are a wide range of cooking oils with different boiling points and by mixing different oils you can adapt the boiling point to suit your needs.
SeaDonkey
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-6-2010 at 07:34

Quote: Originally posted by Magpie  

What?! Why hasn't the DEA banned poppyseeds for food use? No wonder my wife likes them so much: muffins, salad dressing, etc.

Based on the above the morphine content of poppyseeds is at least 70ppm.

Unwashed seeds also have opium residue on their outside. Eating a few poppy seed bagels actually causes people to fail drug tests because the tests are so sensitive.

Quote: Originally posted by SWilkin676  

I kinda noticed that the drug companies are going out of their way to make drugs that while lacking in any sort of make you feel good component also manage to retain the addictiveness.

Not to mention toxicity.

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  
And because marijuana is good for whatever ails you, it comes in for special attention from the DEA!
The lunatics have been running the asylum for the best part of eighty years now. . .

I'll sound like a conspiracy theorist saying this but I think marijuana poses a great threat to the government because of what it teaches people about their own mind. When I broke my hand badly (scaphoid fracture), it required an operation where they put two large metal rods in to hold the bone together. I was awake for the operation but they numbed my hand completely and they gave me a prescription for dilaudid for when the numbness wore off. I have a naturally high pain threshhold but this felt like I had my hand stuck in a baretrap and the dilaudid did absolutely NOTHING. I had quit smoking cannabis a long time before that but I finally resorted to getting a friend to roll a joint and the pain miraculously disappeared completely. I'm not joking all traces of pain disappeared once the THC took hold. THC and the other cannabinoids present are do not have any analgesic pharmacological properties if I'm not mistaken so this is a purely psychological thing. Thinking about it this being common knowledge would pose a threat to the pharmaceutical industries because people would know the mind alone is capable of nullifying pain which is more than can be said for their most effective analgesics which are more often than not opioids. I don't smoke cannabis but I believe its a crime keeping this stuff illegal, and keeping it from people suffering from extreme pain caused by cancer and other serious ailments is a crime against humanity. Sorry to wander off topic I just get passionate about these things lol.

[Edited on 21-6-2010 by SeaDonkey]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top