Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ignitor resistance
schatz
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-6-2010 at 12:09
ignitor resistance

Interesting post there quickS.
I had used a similar bridgless ignitor a whiles ago. Cant remember the specifics but I had used carbon and aluminium as conductor base and KclO3 as oxidizer. They worked well but I would sometimes get misfires through some inconsistency I guess; Which is why I chose the SMD route.

I just recieved 1000 SMD resistors of 2 Ohm each from China and will give these a go some time.

QuickS, I am intrigued by your combination, bridgless match/styphnate combination.
I/m thinking that this construction "formula" looks awfully like some bullet hit squibs I have seen used in the movie industry.
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 14-6-2010 at 15:04

The composition is common. Somewhere is the Patent posted (I think I posted it, frankly). - The soldering of SMD units to free wire is easier with a proper needle soldering station & a jig. You don't have to buy them if you can get a standard soldering iron (25+ watts) sharpened way down to a seriously fine point and use aluminum block material (should be about 3x6") for a jig. Lightly drill down 1/64 of an inch or so with different drill sizes and wrap a rubber band around the block to hold the leg wires. If you have eyes like me it's not a big deal but some people use the "head-band" type magnifying units to see exactly how the SMD is oriented.
{You probably know this but always put the solder on the tip, then to the wire....then the wire to the SMD.}

Go To Top