Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Element of periodic table
Jay Maity
Harmless

Mood: need informatio

[*] posted on 25-1-2004 at 06:36
Element of periodic table

I have searched the web but I have not found any element discovered after 118Uuo. Recently I have seen a element named Trinitium (126Tn). I just want to know if there is any element before Tn and after Uuo.
From the web page http://wwwusers.imaginet.fr/~sft/English/Trinitium.html knew that the element(Tn) has not been discovered by US scientists or state french scientists of the free masson lodge of CEA since It is an Albert CAU work.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Jay Maity]

jaymaity
I am a fish
undersea enforcer

Mood: Ichthyoidal

[*] posted on 26-1-2004 at 07:29

The site you link to is utter bullshit.

Elements 1 to 112, 114 and 116 have been discovered.

A claim to the discovery of element 118 was later retracted, after the data analysis used was found to be erroneous. (The same paper also falsely claimed the discovery of element 116. However, element 116 has since been discovered independently.)

1f `/0u (4|\\| |234d 7|-|15, `/0u |234||`/ |\\|33d 70 937 0u7 /\\/\\0|23.
hodges
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2004 at 16:08
Highest Possible Atomic Number?

What would be the highest possible atomic number for an element? Is there a theoretical limit? Could there be other shells possible beyond the 7th?

Hodges
Mumbles
Hazard to Others

Mood: Procrastinating

[*] posted on 26-1-2004 at 18:44

Theoretically it couldn't go on forever. Eventually this one number will pass zero meaning the nucleus can't hold it. There is a practical to the number of shells but it is higher than 7 I think. Eventually the nucleus wont be able to pull enough to keep them all in. The calculations we did in school went up to at least 10, but these probably wern't actual.

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by Mumbles]
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Marvin
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-1-2004 at 05:02

Together you seem to be implying the existance of an atom has something to do with the electrons. This is a dangerously silly idea, please dispose of it in the designated containers.

It will always be preferable for an electron to form a shell as opped to remain free, becuase of the net positive charge of the atom otherwise.

Nuclear systems do have 'shells' of a sort, but they dont quite work in the same way because 2 particals are involved.

Neutron stars are technically atoms, or possibly ions of atoms, though using gravity is cheating in my book.

Last time I looked physicists were still hoping for an island of nuclear stability around the 160 or 180 mark, I forget which, based on existing trends. Locally the stuff cant be stable, or we'd see it in nature, it might have a half life long enough to detect though.

Go To Top