Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Questions about clan lab trends (title change)
Texium (zts16)
Administrator

Mood: Organiking

[*] posted on 28-2-2019 at 08:08

Quote: Originally posted by Jackson  
I am sort of interested in analogs. I say sort of because I’m less interested in their shared properties with a drug, and more with their different properties. I am basically interested in synthesis/design of new compounds based of tryptamines/phenethylamines that have potential uses in medicine, rather than recreationally. I have been running docking simulations of proteins with a couple different molecules, and I don’t currently want to synthesize these compounds, but I do have a question about a specific grouping of compounds. It seems that when Substituted phenethylamines have a benzyl group added onto their nitrogen, they become more active, but they also become more toxic. Why is this? Is the added toxicity due to metabolism products, is the compound itself more toxic, or is it something completely different?
Perhaps you should start a new thread ;)

arkoma
Forum Redneck

Mood: Amazed

[*] posted on 28-2-2019 at 17:26

i always found it easier to just buy the shit myself.

Self aware bag of organic slime..............

Collector of reagents.
WangleSpong5000
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 2-3-2019 at 16:34

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  

lol!

Methamphetamine is usually synthesized from pseudoephedrine or ephedrine... The dextrorotary (+)- or d- enantiomer is (1S,2S)-pseudoephedrine, whereas the levorotating (−)- or l- form is (1R,2R)-pseudoephedrine.... Dextro-pseudo yeilds dextromethamp, and Levo-ephedrine yeilds dextromethamp. Dextromethamphetamine is the desired outcome as the levo-rotary isomer (or enantiomer... whatevs) only really effects the sympathetic nervous system without displacing dopamine and reversing the reuptake mechanism... which is what one wants obviously.

P2P yeilds racemic methamp... old biker meth was apparently made this way...

Hyperbole be thy name
WangleSpong5000
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 2-3-2019 at 16:34

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  

lol!

Methamphetamine is usually synthesized from pseudoephedrine or ephedrine... The dextrorotary (+)- or d- enantiomer is (1S,2S)-pseudoephedrine, whereas the levorotating (−)- or l- form is (1R,2R)-pseudoephedrine.... Dextro-pseudo yeilds dextromethamp, and Levo-ephedrine yeilds dextromethamp. Dextromethamphetamine is the desired outcome as the levo-rotary isomer (or enantiomer... whatevs) only really effects the sympathetic nervous system without displacing dopamine and reversing the reuptake mechanism... which is what one wants obviously.

P2P yeilds racemic methamp... old biker meth was apparently made this way...

Hyperbole be thy name
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top