Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Found OTC 30% H2O2 - should be available nationwide in US
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-2-2019 at 11:28
Found OTC 30% H2O2 - should be available nationwide in US

I came across "Daly's wood bleaching solution" which is a 2 part solution, part A is sodium silicate & NaOH and part B is 30% H2O2. It is available in pint, quart, gallons and in most places you can order just part B (or A, or both).

http://www.dalyswoodfinishes.com/store/index.php?main_page=p...

As far as pricing, I've seen it on clearance for VERY low prices (few $ per gallon) and some woodworking stores will stock it or can order it and you don't have to pay the moderate shipping prices from the manufacturer (which is about $13 per gallon for 4 gallon pack).

You might be able to order this stuff at Ace, TruValue, Home Depot or Lowes if you go to their customer service as I've found they offer things not available on their website.

So, if you have no other source for this, it's not a terrible price and should be easy to order.

I've included the MSDS/SDS below for anyone interested.

Attachment: SDS-A_BLEACH.pdf (599kB)
This file has been downloaded 199 times

Attachment: SDS-B_BLEACH.pdf (601kB)
This file has been downloaded 238 times
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-2-2019 at 20:52

Well it looks like Ace stores can order at least gallons, of either part B or part A. If they ask why you only need part B, tell they that's just the only part you were given got at a bankruptcy sale.

I was told they don't stock it in all locations, but I was told that their distributors sell it, so I suspect that expensive hazmat fee's aren't going to be included.

I had to ask for them to check their online distributor and they said it was easy to find.

I'll check some other hardware stores and report back.

Go To Top