Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Question Ni V 101
Teloc
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 06:21
Question Ni V 101

Hey guys, I recently got some new additions to my supplies but while I do recognize most of them there are a few that I cannot for the life of me figure out. One of them is a jar labeled "Ni - Catalyst for V 101" which doesn't really mean anything to me so I was hoping one of you might know. They are pellets that look and feel kind of chalky, haven't run any actual tests on them yet. Really appreciate any info you can give me.

2019-03-05 16.09.33.jpg - 2MB 2019-03-05 16.09.34.jpg - 2.2MB
Dan Vizine
National Hazard

Mood: High Resistance

[*] posted on 6-3-2019 at 06:01

Hi Teloc,
A simple Google search yielded this:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S092058611...

Influence of group V elements such as Ta, Nb and V on the product distribution in the vapour phase hydrogenation of levulinic acid (LA) over Ni/TiO2 catalyst was examined at ambient pressure. The Nb promoted Ni/TiO2 demonstrated a high selectivity towards γ-valerolactone (GVL) compared to other catalysts at 275 °C. The TPR results showed a lower H2 uptake over Ta and V modified Ni/TiO2 which was explained due to a strong interaction between these oxide species with nickel. Presence of a high ratio of ionic nickel (Ni2+) on Ta and V modified catalyst could be a possible reason for the formation of valeric acid (VA) through the ring opening of GVL......

The chalky feel is probably due to a low-density porous structure of the TiO2 support in what is probably a V-modified Ni-based vapor-phase hydrogenation catalyst.

[Edited on 3/6/2019 by Dan Vizine]

"All Your Children Are Poor Unfortunate Victims of Lies You Believe, a Plague Upon Your Ignorance that Keeps the Youth from the Truth They Deserve"...F. Zappa

Go To Top