Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Clamps & stands!
HexJam
Harmless

Mood: Steady

sad.gif posted on 15-10-2010 at 01:57
Clamps & stands!

Guys,

I seem unable to find a (non-extortionately expensive) source for stands and clamps in the EU / UK area, anyone got any good sellers they'd be so kind to share?

Thanks!
BenZeen
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-10-2010 at 18:25

Hi
when buying clamps and stands try and get the one with decent height and weight. It has more stability and can be used for more applications that way..
I found all mine on ebay at very decent prices, but then again chemistry labware is not known for being cheap to buy.
good luck
bahamuth
Hazard to Others

Mood: Under stimulated

[*] posted on 15-10-2010 at 18:41

Compare a decent clamp in cost (from 14/20 to 29/32) in Norway.., had to pay $120 for a pack of two from a legit supplier...

Ebay is cheap, but only buy new stuff from there, since stuff might be from a radioactive lab and do not have equipment to check that...

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 15-10-2010 at 22:23

I have to admit defeat here too, I find them very expensive. I put it down to them just being expensive objects.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
ldanielrosa
Hazard to Others

Mood: transparent

[*] posted on 15-10-2010 at 23:30

I'm looking too. From what I see, I'd be happier making my own from a slab of 3/8 inch steel plate. I'll keep y'all posted if I ever do.
condennnsa
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-10-2010 at 23:41

I'm also working on something like that. I made already 16 5 inch long pieces of 3mm steel sheet , with 8mm hole at the ends, plan on making more, and also angles, and other shapes. That way i'll be able to quickly assemble any shape of apparatus with limitless number of arms, like some kind of mechano set. The clamps are somewhat harder to get right , i'll make a few out of wood, then metal.

Go To Top