Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Site Stats
Blind Angel
National Hazard

Mood: Meh!

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 18:47
Site Stats

I remarked that since some time the site seem to grow in popularity, and i was telling myself that it would be fun to have stat, they're is surely a add-on for XMB that would do this without great effort. I know our mod are very busy, but i give the idea, let see if it will devellop. Any comment?

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
My PGP Key Fingerprint: D4EA A609 55E4 7ADD 8529 359D D6E2 33F6 4C76 78ED
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-2-2004 at 07:44

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/stats.php?action=view ....

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 5-2-2004 at 08:57

I think what he possibly meant was to see stats like a) realtime no of members/guests per day, month, year (i.e. as bar charts), b)what OP they use, c) screen resolution
etc etc (there are many more but I can't remember)
A lot of web hosts offer this for free, even geocities offers this kind of stats.
I dont know what webhost Polverone is using but I am sure there is a way to do this :)

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Blind Angel
National Hazard

Mood: Meh!

[*] posted on 5-2-2004 at 09:10

That's exactly wath i was meaning, maybe without the screen res. And the host of ScienceMadness is allowing pho si you can do anything or near anything....

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
My PGP Key Fingerprint: D4EA A609 55E4 7ADD 8529 359D D6E2 33F6 4C76 78ED
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 5-2-2004 at 12:03

Our host does provide web stats, but they're not great. Stats are kept for only a few months at a time, and none of the logfile analyzers are set to do reverse DNS lookup (so I can see what domains/countries people are visiting from). I will tell you, to nobody's surprise, that sciencemadness receives far, far more visitors now than it did when it started two years ago.

I am a bit suspicious of the stats as well, since (for example) they show us having about 10 times as many visitors in April 2003 as we did in January 2004, yet I don't think there was 10 times the board activity in April 2003.

Another thing to consider is that at the time of the Petri Gerdt incident (use the search engine) many pages discussing it linked to here or mentioned the site, since apparently he was an unregistered but regular visitor. That could greatly inflate the number of people visiting without greatly increasing the number of people who came here to find and talk about chemistry information.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Iv4
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 07:04
Guess who's back?Yes he's back back again

I think I can explain that one.During that aproximate time I for one spread the word of this place arond a lot and I imagine so did most of the people I gave it to.

Go To Top