Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mariotte principle & constant addition funnels
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 31-3-2019 at 12:42
Mariotte principle & constant addition funnels

Apparently constant addition funnels not only accurately adjust the addition rate, it is constant ie independent of the the liquid level in the funnel. This is achieved by the use of the Mariotte principle. This was a new principal to me so I looked it up. For others that did not know it see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariotte%27s_bottle.

Its used in this type of constant addition funnel https://www.kimble-chase.com/advancedwebpage.aspx?cg=917&...

I want one, but at about $500 each I will just have to keep adjust the regular ones I can use LOL

I am wg48 but not on my usual pc hence the temp handle.
Thank goodness for Fleming and the fungi.
Old codger' lives matters, wear a mask and help save them.
Be aware of demagoguery, keep your frontal lobes fully engaged.
I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-4-2019 at 10:12

I have a few of these still, for about $100 each, if anyone is interested. They are very hard to find as only about 2 companies even make them now. I can't say that I even really understand the Mariotte principle well, but they appear to work. Now most people replace them with syringe pumps or peristaltic pumps, but these are nice for very slow addition of liquids to reactions, especially nitrations.
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-4-2019 at 14:03

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
I have a few of these still, for about $100 each, if anyone is interested. They are very hard to find as only about 2 companies even make them now. I can't say that I even really understand the Mariotte principle well, but they appear to work. Now most people replace them with syringe pumps or peristaltic pumps, but these are nice for very slow addition of liquids to reactions, especially nitrations.

That is a fantastic price for those.
I don't even bother trying to sell stuff here because DrBob's prices are just too good. You couldn't beat them with a stick.

They're accurate to rates as low as 1 drop per minute.
Distillation heads using the same principle show up sometimes too.
They're like the next best thing to magnetic dividing heads.

Go To Top