Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: alcohol free beer
aeacfm
Hazard to Others

Mood: chem

[*] posted on 30-10-2010 at 18:29

Quote: Originally posted by psychokinetic  
So if they say it is ok, then I don't see the problem. Alcohol free beer is full of Islamic win! :D

- may be i ddnt understand you or you cant understand me , thats first ;)

- i didnt say that beer in islam tell you to to drink beer or any other drink must be zero.

- islm consider the human abiltiies and respect it.

- limits of drinking to be intoxicant also may be contolled by limits i specified before some thing like driving limits.

not like what you said that , alcohol free beer is full of islamic wine.

aeacfm
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-10-2010 at 18:30

i repeat the limit is not ZERO!!!! i hope u understand

[Edited on 31-10-2010 by aeacfm]

peach
Bon Vivant

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-10-2010 at 04:08

aeacfm, you have to believe I'm not trying to do down religion, I'm just assuming you want beer that adheres to Halal and that means I have to reference what the texts say about it.

It is my interpretation of it, but then, saying it should contain no molecules of alcohol is also an interpretation.

If it meant, to be entirely free of alcohol molecules, it would surely have been easy to say "no traces of alcohol", or something similar; "absolutely free of alcohol", "drinks must be as pure as water".

The way it says "strong" and "intoxicating" drinks, would seem to be talking about drinks designed to get you drunk right?

Again, I'm not trying to say this is stupid or you're wrong to want it without alcohol in it, I'm only trying to work out what is okay and what isn't. As you've heard, it's basically impossible to remove all of it from anything (water included), people didn't have spectroscopy when the Quran was written, so that must mean there is some quantity that is not considered against Halal, or everyone would have been breaking it since the text was written.

"Strong" and "intoxicating" I think I am more correct in meaning, a.) something you've brewed to get drunk or that will easily make you drunk, b.) drinking enough of it that you do get drunk.

If you remove 99%+ of the alcohol from beer, you've tried hard to get rid of all the alcohol, you're approaching the limits of what is physically possible and you'd have to drink buckets of it (literally) to even start feeling drunk.

We are talking about absolutely minute quantities of alcohol, not Western 'weak beer' standards, it will be getting close to water in terms of the alcohol content.

I don't mean to offend you, so I hope I haven't,
John

[Edited on 31-10-2010 by peach]

Mr. Wizard
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-10-2010 at 06:39

Here you are in the general chemistry section discussing religion and trying to reason with someone about their religion. I suggest once again this be moved to Whimsey. The discussion is not about beer, it's about discussing his religion. Wake up.
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 31-10-2010 at 12:49

This is not a discussion. It's a comic opera in 3 parts. Enjoy your box seat! ;)

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 31-10-2010 at 14:31

Win, not wine.

About religion it may be, Mr Wizard, but it is only thus to discover what level of alcohol and preparation is required. Sheesh.

Like what Peach is saying up there, there is so little alcohol in it that' it's minute, but I'm getting mixed messages as to what those in charge of Islamic rules say about this minute alcohol beer.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
aeacfm
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 11:44

Quote: Originally posted by peach  
aeacfm, you have to believe I'm not trying to do down religion, I'm just assuming you want beer that adheres to Halal and that means I have to reference what the texts say about it.

It is my interpretation of it, but then, saying it should contain no molecules of alcohol is also an interpretation.

If it meant, to be entirely free of alcohol molecules, it would surely have been easy to say "no traces of alcohol", or something similar; "absolutely free of alcohol", "drinks must be as pure as water".

The way it says "strong" and "intoxicating" drinks, would seem to be talking about drinks designed to get you drunk right?

Again, I'm not trying to say this is stupid or you're wrong to want it without alcohol in it, I'm only trying to work out what is okay and what isn't. As you've heard, it's basically impossible to remove all of it from anything (water included), people didn't have spectroscopy when the Quran was written, so that must mean there is some quantity that is not considered against Halal, or everyone would have been breaking it since the text was written.

"Strong" and "intoxicating" I think I am more correct in meaning, a.) something you've brewed to get drunk or that will easily make you drunk, b.) drinking enough of it that you do get drunk.

If you remove 99%+ of the alcohol from beer, you've tried hard to get rid of all the alcohol, you're approaching the limits of what is physically possible and you'd have to drink buckets of it (literally) to even start feeling drunk.

We are talking about absolutely minute quantities of alcohol, not Western 'weak beer' standards, it will be getting close to water in terms of the alcohol content.

I don't mean to offend you, so I hope I haven't,
John

[Edited on 31-10-2010 by peach]

dear friend , John (peah)

it is oky
like what you said i will never find this beer of 0.000000% alcohol , aha may be in my dreams , other thing islamic canons respect this like what you said previous if you ate some sugar by fermentation it will convert to alcohol , so will Allah punish me because i ate Sugar "no body can say that ", at the same time every thing is full regulated
any way , i hope this could be finished and return back to general chemistry which unites us all .

i write this post to say every thing is oky :D

have anice night all , specially John

aeacfm
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 11:46

Quote: Originally posted by psychokinetic  
Win, not wine.

About religion it may be, Mr Wizard, but it is only thus to discover what level of alcohol and preparation is required. Sheesh.

Like what Peach is saying up there, there is so little alcohol in it that' it's minute, but I'm getting mixed messages as to what those in charge of Islamic rules say about this minute alcohol beer.

what you asking "BASHA" in the above post
no Zero ever would be found !!!
islam didnt say the limit is Zero !!!

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top