Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone familiar with Sestos temperature controller ?
metalresearcher
National Hazard

Mood: Reactive

[*] posted on 30-10-2010 at 12:10
Anyone familiar with Sestos temperature controller ?

I recently got from ebay this temperature controller (user manual pdf) and the temperature measurement with an S type TC works fine.
Previous weeks I saw somebody on this forum ordered about the same device but I forgot which topic it was. I cannot find in the manual how to setup the temperature control using a simple on/off control with a relay. Does somebody know this ?
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 30-10-2010 at 19:55

Quote: Originally posted by metalresearcher  

Previous weeks I saw somebody on this forum ordered about the same device but I forgot which topic it was. I cannot find in the manual how to setup the temperature control using a simple on/off control with a relay. Does somebody know this ?

Is this it?:

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=14682#...

If you're looking to build something like I showed in this thread I doubt you'll find instructions in the manual for the controller.

It's really easy, however. You probably already know most of this:

1. Buy a cheap solid state relay (SSR) adequate for your voltage and amps. Chinese sell these on eBay for ~$10.

2. Attach it to a heat sink if desired. I'm not sure this is necessary. Just position it to air cool.

3. Get a little terminal strip for making connections at your nearest RadioShack or equivalent.

4. Buy an outlet box at the hardware store that takes the plug of your heating device.

5. Supply other needed wiring. Just make sure the wires are big enough to handle the largest anticipated current.

When you have all the components it will be obvious how to hook it all up. A schematic really isn't needed, IMO.

If in doubt, ask an electrician friend to help you plan, or review, your work.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 31-10-2010 at 11:10

Quote: Originally posted by metalresearcher  

I got to thinking that maybe my previous post wasn't answering your question, so here's another try. This is the way my tibetwalk controller is hooked up:

PID controller terminals.bmp - 923kB

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
metalresearcher
National Hazard

Mood: Reactive

[*] posted on 1-11-2010 at 07:18

Thanks anyway but I have another one. These contacts are there:
Code:
[1] [6] [2] [11] [7] [3] [8] [4] [12] [9] [5] [10]

9 + 10 are input power and 3+4 = thermocouple, that works.
6+7+8 is switchable and should be connected to the relay. I measured with a voltmeter, no voltage. With an ohmmeter I saw that [6] and [7] are shorted when the 'out' LED on the front was on (lower temperature than the desired value) and [7] and [8] are shorted when the temp was higher (out LED was off).
Possibly I have to connect this with an external power supply of connect one (the live one) of 9 or 10 with [7].

[Edited on 2010-11-1 by metalresearcher]
Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 1-11-2010 at 08:21

I'm getting a voltage of 8VAC at the terminals to the SSR when the indicator light comes on. I think that's what you should be getting also. Perhaps you can e-mail your supplier and he can help. Tibetwalk was very good at answering a question I had. Good luck.

Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
19-11-2023 at 16:12

Go To Top