Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Iodine for sale Montreal, Canada.
sciencehobby
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

smile.gif posted on 5-11-2010 at 11:25
Iodine for sale Montreal, Canada.

I'm getting married in 2 weeks and got to get rid of this before we move in together. Please serious inquiries PM me $200/kg for pick-up. For the paranoid and haters, this is a legal product and i do not have or sell any other chemicals (don't bother asking) the wholesale cost is $135/kg including shipping and taxes, so $200 is a decent price considering a 50% mark up from the net cost.
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 5-11-2010 at 16:51

This guy is legit. He also sells on eBay, the I2 is sitting in a bottle on my desk right now.

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
sciencehobby
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-11-2010 at 20:02
Thx

The price is neg. for the whole thing. thx

[Edited on 7-11-2010 by sciencehobby]
sciencehobby
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 16:50

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220688...

Anyone with suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited on 8-11-2010 by sciencehobby]
sciencehobby
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-11-2010 at 14:23

Being a Canadian citizen and trying to offer to sell I2 in prilled form threw ebay, and posting a link on this website, the question is am i doing anything wrong?

The reason i am asking is there is contradictory and incorrect info, it is very difficult to cut threw it. My conclusions are if the product is not listed illegal in my country of Canada then selling it in Canada does not require me to abide to regulations as long as i stay within my own country of Canada.

Is there any ethical or other issues on ebay or this website i might me going against or neglecting to see?

All though after confirming that I2 is not on any lists (Federal or local) and after reading many posts i know i'm not doing anything wrong, having access to others is the essence of the message board i allowed myself to bother you with this message to get some input. If i have done anything wrong please excuse me in advance.
Mister Junk Pile
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 9-11-2010 at 17:43

Don't worry about "ethical" concerns. We are all adults with the ability (or we should have that ability) to make our own decisions here. Does a knife shop owner stop selling knives because someone might kill someone with one? Would anyone consider such a person 'unethical'?

And this is much less of a concern, in my opinion.
sciencehobby
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-11-2010 at 18:27

Tks for your comments, i'm cynical and i always expect the worst when i am in unfamiliar grounds. I purchase inventory of company closures mostly in the food production sector (takeovers, bankruptcies, death) for a living and deal with the bad part of sad stories, but i'm always proud to think i'm fair with the people i work with.

I gotta tell you buying a chemical without first being informed is something i would never do again, i don't recommend it to anyone.

I'm lucky this item is on the legal side if i was outside Canada i probably would of had a problem, it's still a load of stress with chemicals when it's not your field.

The funny part prior to purchasing i called a registered chemical broker to quote me a price, he came to inspect other items (liquid) with testing gear and a chemist. He said i had to pay him to purchase the goods, the only item he was willing to pay for was the iodine. So he scared me enough i didn't buy the liquids and figured that the iodine had some value. All this was happening in a matter of a couple of hours, that man never mentioned that it was a touchy chemical, i now understand why he didn't want me to think it had value; funny thing if he would of been honest i would of sold him everything. The liquids i learned later was worth alot.

Anyways the good part i found this place, a lot of passionate hobbiest with such a kool thing as chemistry, is something i never knew existed as i am discovering. I'm starting to be hooked i love the educated heated exchanges, and love that guy who was torturing a company to get a refund of $400, that guy is a classic. Anyways it's a kool world and i think i'm geting hooked, pretty kool stuff.
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 12-11-2010 at 01:30

Yup. Need a license to sell I2 in the US. Same with import and export.

As long as you don't ship I2 into the US, you should have no problems.
sciencehobby
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-11-2010 at 06:32

Thanks for your feedback, i have read at a few places about this UK couple that got charged for selling I2 with another product to conspire to go around regulations from list 1.

I am just wondering if anyone has a clear answer, if you sell only I2 from Canada is there any chance for probs. Keeping in mind the regulations are for U.S. sellers and not foreign ones. Either way i think the right thing to do is to call customs and find out directly from them.

If there are opinions on this would be appreciated...
sciencehobby
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-11-2010 at 11:20

Listing renewal, tks.;)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220701...
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 17-2-2013 at 16:16

There seems to be a misunderstanding. It doesn't matter where you are in the world, if you ship listed chemicals into the US, you may be at peril.

U.S. restrictions on I2 sales seem to have eased somewhat. Still, the regulations exist.

It would be prudent to review the regulations, to determine if indeed such sales are legal, and what quantity limitations exist.

At the least, keep careful records.

Go To Top