Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Teaching my wife Organic Chemistry!
phlogiston
International Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 24-11-2010 at 14:45

Perhaps chemoluminescence?

Or how about this guys idea :)
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=13923

I wouldn't normally go into this, but since you mention this on a public forum:
I suspect that if she doesn't already have some fascination with chemistry or at the very least in science in general, it is just not in her DNA and you are unlikely to find that she will develop a real interest in whatever you do.

Obviously no two women (or people) are the same, but my wife will tolerate quite a bit of mess, smells and spending money on hobbies just because she enjoys my enthousiasm. Just seeing me get up at 4 in the morning to spend time in the freezing shed to tinker before the children wake up or I have to go to work makes her understand it is too deeply rooted in me to put up much resistance to it. Seeing your partner happy and enjoying him/herself is worth a lot of money.

So, if your only objective is to get her to approve, I suspect there may be better ways. Ofcourse, if her interest is genuine, go for it.

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by phlogiston]

-----
"If a rocket goes up, who cares where it comes down, that's not my concern said Wernher von Braun" - Tom Lehrer
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 24-11-2010 at 14:54

Quote: Originally posted by phlogiston  

my wife will tolerate quite a bit of mess, smells and spending money on hobbies just because she enjoys my enthousiasm.
[Edited on 24-11-2010 by phlogiston]

^This.

The boy who lost a girlfriend because he was trying to catch a shiny Pidgey (Pokemon) rather than listening to her didn't lose anything worth losing. If she had no idea how important this was to him, then either she didn't care for his interest or he didn't care about her enough to tell her.

My fiancee thinks chemistry is awesome, but I go way over her head.... She's proud of me and loves that I have found what I love. My love of science has even dragged her over to the dark side! (Though I think I already mentioned that).

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by psychokinetic]

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
len2
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-11-2010 at 21:47

Have you really no idea what to do with your wife.

A) chemistry is wrong

so you've come to the wrong site - but there are plenty of sites out there to help you!
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus
Thread Moved
25-11-2010 at 15:44
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top