Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Cops decide to burn down bombmaker's house
franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-12-2010 at 16:34

U P D A T E - They're going through with it !

[url][/url]

- Dec 2 - http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_1c1fe1ca-...

- Dec 1 - http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_78a7e70c-...

" The law enforcement team working to clear the home of volatile materials consulted with
explosives experts across the country before deciding to burn the Via Scott home, Newman said.

Members of that team, which include the county's bomb squad and hazardous materials officials, were not
available Wednesday to eleaborate on their decision, said Jan Calswell, spokeswoman for the county
Sheriff's Department.

Authorities held a town hall meeting Tuesday night in San Marcos, though some in attendance said
they left without a clear understanding of why fire was selected to dispose of the chemicals"

- Nov 30 - http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_f2896617...

" Robin Martin, a resident who said he also lived near the home, stood up and angrily left the meeting,
saying. " I'm out of here because you guys have no clue what you're doing."

- Dec 1 - http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_dbd777ee-...

" Despite the removal of some explosives from the home, authorities say so much remains scattered
throughout the residence that the safeest course of action is to evacuate the surrounding area and
burn down the house.

To make that happen, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wednesday declared a state of emergency in
San Diego County, freeing up state resources, including funding.

The state and county declarations issued this week will allow officials to sidestep enviornmental and fire
permits, seize property, rally state and federal resources and move forward with plans to destroy the
materials, said Ron Lane , director of the county's Office of Emergency services.

" The county's declaration gives officials authority to destroy private property in the interest of public health
and safety -
without compensating the owner, Workman said."

Ever hear of " Block Busting " " Red Lining " " Eminent Domain "
" Transitional Neighborhood " " Urban Renewal "

These are all euphemisms for you're in the way of what " we "
who determine these things , deem to be progress - we want you gone.

Burning down the house is just a ploy and convenient opportunity - they know exactly what they're doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM

Watch out you might get what you're after
Cool baby strange but not a stranger
I'm an ordinary guy
Burning down the house

Hold tight wait 'til the party's over
Hold tight we're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house

Here's your ticket pack your bag; time for jumpin' overboard
Transportation is here
Close enough but not too far, maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire

All wet yeah you might need a raincoat
Shakedown thieves walking in broad daylight
Three hundred sixty five degrees
Burning down the house

It was once upon a place sometimes I listen to myself
Gonna come in first place
People on their way to work say baby what did you expect
Gonna burst into flame

My house S'out of the ordinary
That's right Don't want to hurt nobody
Some things sure can sweep me off my feet
Burning down the house

No visible means of support and you have not seen nothing yet
Everything's stuck together
I don't know what you expect staring into the TV set
Fighting fire with fire

Burning down the house

Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 03:26

I would like to reserve final opinion for not having all the facts, just knowing
some of what has been published......but the impression from what I have read so far is, this scenario seems like there is a lot of media hyped sensationalism in play probably generating a situation response in excess of anything reasonably necessary.

Houses aren't cheap, and this sort of probably excessive response could be trading a problem with a probably deranged individual unsafely handling chemicals which would likely have become a self-destruct scenario, for a different problem with a rental property owner having a real gripe and adversaries who are not imagined. Exploring sovreign immunity / public domain ect. with a pissed off landlord is probably something that should be considered more than a trivial matter.
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 06:40

I'm in agreement with that. There are simply too many unknowns here to be jumping the gun and thinking that it's just the easy way out or that there is an ulterior motive, etc, etc. There may be some seriously stupid moves this genius made that put most everyone in a damnable position and the house is too likely to be a serious danger.
I would re-iterate that they can't use dogs as the place is to contaminated with nitrates, etc that the dogs would register on the doorknob! If the idiot DID stash other crap he most likely used the same logic and forethought that began this merry-go-round. There are too many risks and not enough facts.
HOWEVER: this is an abject lesson in the perils of renting a home...! Meth-heads, slobs, squatters and now loosers like this make renting a real risk.

MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 11:36

I think they should send in a robot to clear the explosives and then simply demolish the house. I can understand why they might need to destroy the house seeing as though there could be organic peroxides hidden in the walls that they could miss if they left the house standing. This could cause injuries to future renters.

Maybe it would be safter to burn the rubble after knocking it down with a wrecking ball?

Quote:

" The county's declaration gives officials authority to destroy private property in the interest of public health and safety - without compensating the owner, Workman said."

The fact that something like that is true in the United States means that this country is no longer the "bastion of freedom" it once was. If they don't give the owner some money we should start a revolution. A peaceful one... Flipping ridiculous.

Quote:

Meth-heads, slobs, squatters ... make renting a real risk.

How do these people make renting "a risk"?

[Edited on 12-4-2010 by MagicJigPipe]

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 12:33

Maybe they could shackle the perpetrator into a wheelchair and bring him to the scene. Let the landlord and him spend some quality time alone in the house to get acquainted better. Probably after a few minutes of "enhanced interrogation",
the former tenant would voluntarily cooperate in pointing out any potential problems involved in clearing the house, hoping to avoid any further voluntary cooperation if anything there should go wrong.
The WiZard is In
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 13:31

Quote: Originally posted by MagicJigPipe  

Quote:

Meth-heads, slobs, squatters ... make renting a real risk.

How do these people make renting "a risk"?

Some years ago NYC made landlords responsible for drug dealer tenants. If you
were notified by the city that a tenant was suspected of being
a drug dealer YOU were responsible for getting them out
or ... the city would seize your house - without compensation.

As was pointed out at the time this became law :—

A-The first thing the DD was going to do was stop paying the
rent... given it could take a year in court to evict them ...

B- He/they could/would trash the place. Under city law
a landlord cannot demand more then one months rent.
Trashed could be v/ v/ expensive to the LL.

C- A few months before a DD's had killed a NYC Police Office
sitting in his car guarding a house involved in drug dealing.
What chance would a LL have?

D- The city seizes a house from its owner for failing to remove
a DD. Turns out the DD had moved out 2-months previously.
The tenant on the first floor - a single mother with children
is evicted as the City now own the house. She, her children
and all their possessions are removed — dumped at the curb —
in the middle of winter.

Victims? Martyrs? Collateral damage? In the War on Drugs.....

Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 14:11

I've got it. Out there in mexifornia they say the illegals do the jobs that Americans don't want and won't do. Looks like a perfect opportunity to put that
to the test. Take a van down to the local "dayworker pickup location" and
hire the job done of emptying out the house. See how that works.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 14:13

Now this I like, either house gets cleaned out or a bunch of illegals go boom. Win freaking win!

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 14:27

If they bring the perpetrator out there shackled in a wheelchair like I was suggesting, the illegals could discuss the situation with the former tenant,
appeal to his sense of civic duty with regards to the successful clearing of the structure. The appeal to the sense of civic duty might involve things like the convenient hammer and nails, and musings about how the mans testacles might look hanging on the garage wall.....how pruning shears could find imaginative new uses that very day, if there were any misdirections given by the person
voluntarily cooperating. Sounds like a plan to me.
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 14:38

Illegals are in the same boat as us - decent people just wanting to get by... :(

How about they send some bank executives in?

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 14:47

I have a boat myself and before decent people come onto it,
there is something decent people generally ask first ........

"permission to come aboard"
crazedguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: You can't fix stupid

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 14:50

not all illegals are here to work the system and what not
but no matter what way you slice it they dont pay taxes
not fair to the tax payers

Quote: Originally posted by Rosco Bodine  
I have a boat myself and before decent people come onto it,
there is something decent people generally ask first ........

"permission to come aboard"

QFT
madscientist
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 15:42

If you're worried about falling wages, blame your employer. They're the one's that make the choice to cut wages and jobs, not illegals. Illegals also have basically zero access to our already small welfare system. Even as an American you usually qualify for nothing - without documentation as a citizen, you have almost no chance.

Their desperation is taken advantage of here. They are not hordes of brown monkeys looking to rape white women and white jobs.

I just can't laugh at the idea of using them like pigs have been used to clear minefields; they have been through more shit and have worked harder than just about anyone here, myself included. Whining about Mexicans trudging 1500 miles and through a blazing desert only to work minimum wage farm jobs that no one else will take, so that they may send money home to feed their families... it's absurd.

Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 16:19

I'll try to keep all that in mind next time I press 1 for English.
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 16:51

I live where legal migrant work is the staple of much of the farm hands in the area and I must say they are indeed abusing the welfare system and I was told this by the workers themselves. I spoke with him about a lot of different stuff and he informed me that when him and his buddys come here they make sure to work below the min needed so that they can collect welfare. They then would apply for housing and the government would put them in a hotel for the summer.

This is legal immigration mind you and I doubt illegals are able to devise such a scheme since they would not have the same access to the system like these folks have. They bundle there money so when it comes down to it, ten enter, each only works about 2-3 days a week at the most, they have there housing, there food, and all other utilitys paid as well as supplement income from the state and then they go home rich men because those few days of work where equal to a week or more down home and they don't have any bills here. The farmer gets tax kick backs for working migrants and the workers don't have to work but one day of the week and spent most of the other time doing insane amounts of cocaine. Now the farmer can claim hes employed say 30 migrants to work yet in reality he only had enough work for maybe 5.

Im not saying this is the norm but it is what I have observed first hand staying in a hotel for one summer where they kept the migrant workers throughout the season.

Now back on topic, when are they gonna Blow up... errr.. burn down this house?

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
madscientist
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 17:02

I've seen otherwise a number of times.

Welfare in the US really is not what it's made out to be. It almost doesn't exist, at least where I am - here, if you have an income of $0 a year, you will qualify for $150 a month in food stamps at best. No cash, no health care, no rent assistance, etc.

Anyway, yes, we do need to get back on topic! :o

MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 18:03

Quote:

Welfare in the US really is not what it's made out to be. It almost doesn't exist, at least where I am - here, if you have an income of $0 a year, you will qualify for $150 a month in food stamps at best. No cash, no health care, no rent assistance, etc.

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I've always wondered where all this free stuff is everyone keeps talking about. I applied for food stamps once and was denied because I couldn't find one of my check stubs. Before I could apply again I found a better job and didn't need food stamps any more.

My state has run out of money for "day care vouchers". I probably wouldn't use those anyway even if I had to because of the places they make your child go.

I've NEVER heard of rent assistance or just money for nothing unless MAYBE you are a single mother who makes under a certain amount per month. I knew someone once who got unemployment but that was only a total of $3000 for about 6 months.

Basically, what I've come to find is that if you have a three person family and both parents are working full-time, minimum wage jobs, it is close to impossible to get anything more than food stamps. The time I went in to apply I got the strange feeling that "racism" was being applied against me. Like, "What the f&&& are these WHITE PEOPLE doing here? They white, they got money". By the way, I hear the latter phrase at least once every few weeks (directly to my face: "Hey white boy, I know you got money!") It just shows how (negative?) stereotypes can exist even about the "dominant" racial group in a society.

Call me a racist if you will for saying that but it's the honest feeling that I got from how they were acting, body language, voice tone and what they were saying.

EDIT:

Back on topic. Is there anyone here who lives in the vicinity of this house? If so, let's see some footage when it goes up. Although, nowadays there will probably be 500 videos of it online.

[Edited on 12-5-2010 by MagicJigPipe]

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
Sedit
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 18:14

My state for someone that was 1/2 minority and 2 kids they received over $150 a week free money and $580 a month food stamps. Also heating assistance covered the oil bills. And 100% total health coverage, after splitting up with this person and adding an extra child I received no money and half the food stamps then a month later dropped my oldest son from the health care. They managed to catch the mistake that I was white to late and now I owe them $600 because they over paid me.

You where not wrong in feeling the racism because they are indeed racist. If you are a female minority you get ALOT more help then the average white joe that walks in who will more then likely walk out with nothing but a headache.

[Edited on 5-12-2010 by Sedit]

anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 18:23

Quote:
I knew someone once who got unemployment but that was only a total of $3000 for about 6 months.

Heh, once claimed unemployment for 12 months while making 50k at a regular job and probably another 50k on the side. Food banks, social services, disability checks, etc: nothing's off limits IMO.
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 19:37

When I read the story about the injured gardener, the story just doesn't quite fully add up. At first I thought the house was probably gang bangers, and the injured gardener was one of a crew. The account of the injured gardener just sounds like a hastily contrived cover story. That got me thinking. I thought perhaps there has already been a covertly implemented operation "silence of the lambs" kind of houseclearing scenario, about which the public will never hear, and that something went wrong, which leads us now to "plan B" which is the house burning.
crazedguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: You can't fix stupid

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 20:11

Quote: Originally posted by Rosco Bodine  
When I read the story about the injured gardener, the story just doesn't quite fully add up. At first I thought the house was probably gang bangers, and the injured gardener was one of a crew. The account of the injured gardener just sounds like a hastily contrived cover story. That got me thinking. I thought perhaps there has already been a covertly implemented operation "silence of the lambs" kind of houseclearing scenario, about which the public will never hear, and that something went wrong, which leads us now to "plan B" which is the house burning.

that makes the most sense out of anything ive heard about it
DDTea
National Hazard

Mood: Degenerate

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 20:17

Regarding the discussion of welfare, immigrants, etc.: personal accounts, especially ones that do not include names, dates, places, parties involved, or any actual data, are highly unscientific. It's easy to be a victim. Proving it with hard, statistical data that clearly shows unequal treatment is another issue entirely. THAT would be worthy of discussion, imho; anything else really isn't. Of course, that would be completely unrelated to the original topic and not worthy of discussion in this thread anyway!

Rosco: can you explain what you mean? Do you mean that you suspect that much of the explosive/hazardous material has been removed by the tenant himself and transferred to someone else?

At this point, it's really hard to tell if this was really a "hobby," as the guy's former wife claims, or if he really had some kind of criminal intent--e.g., transferring finished grenades to Mexican cartels or their US associates. To me, that seems unlikely; I just think they'd have more reliable, plentiful sources for their 'nades than some bum in the US. Less than 10 lbs of explosives hardly sounds like a "bomb factory" to me, as some people have called it.

"In the end the proud scientist or philosopher who cannot be bothered to make his thought accessible has no choice but to retire to the heights in which dwell the Great Misunderstood and the Great Ignored, there to rail in Olympic superiority at the folly of mankind." - Reginald Kapp.
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 20:29

What I mean is that from the first we heard in the news about this story, it has seemed that we were getting the "press release" and not the real story.
Exhibit A: The perpetrator is a wanted (therefore a successful) bank robber
Exhibit B: The perpetrator is a licensed pilot
From those two things it is a pretty good bet the fellow isn't just a witless psycho
or "mad bomber" but had explosives as tools of the trade for tactical or
breaching purposes.
Exhibit C: The injured "gardener" .....yeah riiiight
Exhibit D: The "unsafeable" structure that not even the EOD guys will mess with.....sounds more like the place is wired, and the way it is wired gives them pause that the one who wired it knew what he was doing.

So yeah maybe it's all just my "conspiracy theory" but the news accounts seem really fishy about a scenario that seems to make more sense a different way. There may be an entirely different associated story that is being buried here under a mountain of disinformation bullshit.

[Edited on 5-12-2010 by Rosco Bodine]
Mister Junk Pile
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 20:33

Not meaning to be scientific. Sometimes one gets a gut feeling that can't be quantified without doing more work than is possible for oneself. Please don't tell me you are one of those that feels unequal treatment of a majority group member by a minority group member is impossible.

And I'm not exactly following you Rosco. I agree that the gardener story does seem like BS. But please elaborate about what you're on about.
gutter_ca
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bored at work!

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 02:58

Seriously, this incredibly racist tinfoil hatter is a new mod? Oooookay, enjoy.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top