Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Professional chemist with small business in need of source of Lithium Aluminum Hydride and Sodium Cyanoborohydride
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

sad.gif posted on 8-5-2019 at 16:22
Professional chemist with small business in need of source of Lithium Aluminum Hydride and Sodium Cyanoborohydride

Hello,
I have a masters degree in synthetic chemistry and have started a liscenced chemistry LLC and am having troubles getting suppliers to ship. I am in debt from college and dont have much money to throw around, so I havent been able to get a commerical space or adress. I was looking for any advice on somehow getting a convenient and cheap commercial adress, a chemical company that shops residential, or anyone willing to personally supply me, and any advise on raising funds for my business selling things like essential oils, noorotropics, synthetic intermediates I can cheaply synthesize, or other. If anyone would like to do business/collaberate let me know! Im a professionally trained chemist with published research papers and a high level of airfree synthetic chemistry experience.
Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 8-5-2019 at 23:15

you don't really have a good business plan, you are still in debt from college, and you want to open a business without money, and without a plan? i mean what tells you that what you can make is going to be cheaper than the market price at the moment?
plus from what i'm reading an LLC is not enough alone to open a business, you need other permits, licenses etc.
plus yea i'm pretty sure you need an address, you can't use you home as a lcommercial lab.
you could get a loan to open your business, but again, inform yourself for every aspect, search the market and do your calculations on what would be profitable for you to make.
to fund your idea right now get a stable job, and once you are stable work on this project. just my 2 cents

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 02:06

Yeah! Very good and true points and I've adrsssing each of these important factors. This business is going to take a lot of time to grow. Im currently getting liscencing and everyrhing you mentioned, but due to money, I can only make incrimental changes over time when im payed.
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 13:51

Hnuh?

Hard to find suppliers for that kinda stuff nowadays.

LiAlH4 is possible to manufacture from NaAlH4. Historically LiAlH4 has always been kinda hard to buy, and expensive too. Gotta Parr high pressure reactor? Make your own.

Likewise, Sodium Cyanoborohydride. Could be considered a suspicious purchase, but you can make your own, via NaBH4 and HCN. It is possible to purchase NaBH4....Occasionally.

Need a commercial or rural property. And the right kinds of permits.

A Chemical Handlers Permit, and a Precursers Permit.... Would be helpful.

As for doing any kind of commercial chemistry in a residential neighborhood.... In my neck of the woods, it might be deemed highly illegal.

Around here, you can use flammable solvents to produce hash oil, to your heart's content, if you so choose. Perfectly legal. But, but you cannot do it in a residential neighborhood. Too many exploding houses!

Felony!

Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 15:52

The adress is a renovated and purchased prior residential adress. It is located in a rurual area with no nearby neighbors and a shared space with another legitament LLC with a sub adress. Permits and handling liscences are obtained and these compounds have been ordered many times legally and correcrly via institutonal grants under the same name. I also have hazardous waste disposal, respiratory device, chemical storage, and EPA certification.
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 15:55

Everything is legal and up to date.. its just a matter of obtaining a commerical adress without buying an expensive space. The current workplace falls under the correct zoning laws and isnt considered a neighborhood or residential neighborhood.
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 16:02

I just want to clarify I am a trained and accredited chemist and am following all laws. I just wanted to ask you guys if you know of any way to get a commercial adress or a supplier who delivers. In the future I will purchase a commerical adress, but for now im confined within the current circumstances
Thanks
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 14-5-2019 at 18:01

So, grease your local planning board (or not), and have your building's zoning status changed to commercial.

Had a buddy, here in town, who had that done.

His building, was a giant auditorium... Yet somehow, the building was initially zoned as residential.

Applied for a variance (expensive in Portland) and got it. Building is now considered commercial.

No further problems.

Rural property? Got some space? Erect a Quonset hut. Maybe you can rent one. All doubts of legitimacy, might thereby be erased.

https://www.steelmasterusa.com/quonset-huts/kits/

[Edited on 15-5-2019 by zed]
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2019 at 20:56

Forget the big American companies that only sell to business in commercial addresses and look to china or india.they actually want your business and they're not picky.come to think of it they'd sell uranium to Osama if his credit card was valid.thats how not picky they are.
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2019 at 22:20

I love it man!! Hahha exactly. I was able to get some of what I needed!
methyldreams
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-5-2019 at 04:19

Tkuze iv only recently joined the sciencemadness officially. through me a email at 20dim ethyltryptam ine #@gmale.com iv only just starting to fulfill my dreams of owning a company i built against all odds. i feel your on the same wave length as me and would ;love to correspond with a like mined soul
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-5-2019 at 14:01

Methyldreams, I sent a U2U and email from @protonmail. Id like to hear your story. So the first supplier didnt ask any questions and shipped. The second took a week and 14 emails back and forth to get the order validated. First they wanted to verify the adress because on google maps, it only shows the other LLC in the building. I added it to google business. I sent a bunch of research papers I published and my sciencedirect profile. The guy I was emailing was very nice. The company then wanted me to send pictured of the lab/warehouse/ect so i sent pictures of the fume hoods, general lab room, the Biotage, the HPLC, etc. They said they never had a problem with my business or intended use, just the residential, but acknowledged we could have an out-building. Once i sent the info and pictures, they approved and said now we have an established customer-supplier basis and future orders will not require a repeat of the same thing.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-5-2019 at 05:18

I can't believe they asked for pictures of your facility. I think it's a bit rude.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-5-2019 at 05:26

Hey if you're good at airfree techniques lithium hydride and LAH are hard to get cheap to produce and sell for a decent markup.LiH can be made at non molten temperatures
This is on my list of things to accomplish further down the road.
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 17-5-2019 at 12:40

Indeed, if you're not breaking the law and only the zoning code is holding you back, just... focus on things that can be made without those two chemicals until you have the money to get a commercial address.

In particular, organotitanium chemistry comes to mind, because the starting material is titanium metal, easily obtained in bulk and usually without hazmat regulations. This can be easily transformed into titanium halides and titanium (III) salts, which have extensive uses.

EDIT: Consider making this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretylium

[Edited on 18-5-2019 by clearly_not_atara]

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-5-2019 at 15:28

Thanks for all your advice. And yeah it was stupid they asked for pictures because I sent them my IRS employee ID and my peer reviewed publications. Also, I am highly proficient in air-free tecniques and have recently acquired a nitrogen tank. Although i dont have enough nitrogen to use a schlenk line and constand flow, baloons have been working well enough. I carried out a reductive amination and it worked well. I will try the LiH method and keep you updated. Can you send me your user name or U2U so i can remember who to contact. And I have looked intp many articles with alternative methods and the catalysts are really expensive and exotic. I just want LAH because I use it for everytjing with excellent results. Its like the swiss army knife of chemicals. I will order some LAH after I recieve my chloroform I ordered.
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-5-2019 at 15:32

Oh! I forgot. I think the major problem is that my business wasnt on google maps. I completed my google business account and got my verified code and now its officially on google as a business.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-5-2019 at 01:17

Maybe it is because you sent your irs employee id. Probably won't win you any friends.
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-5-2019 at 14:36

Can you please elaborate and explain why? I just sent it to show I am the founder and president of an official LLC
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-5-2019 at 04:10

IRS as in internal revenue service correct?
monolithic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-5-2019 at 04:47

Quote: Originally posted by draculic acid69  
IRS as in internal revenue service correct?

I think he's referring to an EIN. Whenever you legally register a business, you're given an EIN. He's not an employee of the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employe...
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-5-2019 at 17:27

Yes! Exactly. When you register the business, you get an EIN. And I agree, fuck the IRS. Taxation is theft
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-5-2019 at 02:43

Ok so your not with the tax office.thats a good thing.i reckon if someone from the tax office called my business asking to setup an account i would probably fuck them around just because I could and because it's funny and because they kinda deserve it.
Tkuze
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-5-2019 at 15:27

They absolutely deserve to be fucked with. The IRS and many departments should be dismantled. They serve no purpose other than intimidating individuals into giving up constitutional liberties and stealing their money and posessions. The government will literally hold a gun to your head and demand you pay taxes. If you dont, they lock you in a cage like an animal. Thats such a barbaric and draconian idea.

Go To Top