Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Summer chemistry classes at a College?
Quantum
Hazard to Others

Mood: Interested

[*] posted on 9-2-2004 at 18:21
Summer chemistry classes at a College?

I am a rising freshman and I am thinking about taking a chemistry class over the summer at Clemson in SC. I live in VA and I am wondering if anyone knows about the diffrent chemistry classes offered to highschoolers around this area.

Have any of you taking a class like this and if you did was it fun and helpful?

I also am going into bio next year instead of earth science so I can get into chemistry sooner and take an AP class(chemisty) in 12th grade.

I guess most of you take/took/will take AP chemistry.

What if, what is isn\'t true?
T_FLeX
Harmless

Mood: Stressed

[*] posted on 10-2-2004 at 09:38

Do you need the chemistry class for your major? If not you might want to consider just buying a good chemistry book and teaching yourself. If you are paying out of pocket its something to consider. The price of college classes are not cheap! If you live right next to a university you can probably just buy a book and sit in on the classes, freshman chemistry 1, and 2 are usually huge classes and the professor won't notice. I used to skip sometimes when I was in high school and go to my brother’s chemistry classes (he let me take notes for him).

What is your major gonna be by the way? I hope it's not Computer Science
:o

Mumbles
Hazard to Others

Mood: Procrastinating

[*] posted on 10-2-2004 at 16:30

I have a pretty sweet deal going here. I get to go to a college next year for a chemistry class. I maxed out the chemistry selection available at my school. Imagine that. So, now the school district is going to have to pay for my class, and books.

I'm looking at an Organic Chemistry 1 and 2 Lab and Lecture type of thing. With this, by the time I actually get to college I'll get to skip all the general chemistry classes I've already taken what seems like 2 times. AP chem is just as easy as basic chem only with an even less interesting, less intelligent teacher(read in the stupidty thread in Whimsy).
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top