Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Flash Powder and Blasting Cap
FeedMe94
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-5-2019 at 06:13
Flash Powder and Blasting Cap

Hello ,
A friend of mine recently told me that he is using small amount of primary in Al Foil to detonate his KClO4 / Dark Al / S flash powder with greater results than just a fuse. Any more info on this ?
MineMan
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-5-2019 at 17:29

Nope. But why :)? Would be interesting to try. But sulfur does increase the sensitivity a bit. A good bit.
Regular FP is quite powerful. Underestimated. There are much more powerful variants that are even insensitive to flame and static... but I am not ready to share them.
FeedMe94
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-5-2019 at 23:43

Dornier told me about Shimizu's book once. In the book he shows some tests he did and he find out that 64 KClO4 , 23 Dark Al and 13 S will give the loudest report. Since then its the only KClO4 comp im using with success. It wont even go off with a hammer hit
MineMan
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-5-2019 at 09:06

It is loud!

I didn’t know it was insensitive. Thank you for the info!

What would be most interesting would be replacing half of the kclo4 with AN and detonating.
fundes
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-7-2019 at 14:23
sad face

Quote: Originally posted by MineMan  
Nope. But why :)? Would be interesting to try. But sulfur does increase the sensitivity a bit. A good bit.
Regular FP is quite powerful. Underestimated. There are much more powerful variants that are even insensitive to flame and static... but I am not ready to share them.
now that's a disappointment:(...
Rocinante
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-7-2019 at 07:00

The papers I've read place KClO4 flash powders at 80 % of TNT in far field impulse.

AN/Al 75:25 is at the very least 120 % of TNT or half more powerful than flash. If you have a blasting cap, slightly thermobaric ammonals are far better, safer, more powerful and cheaper than flash.
caterpillar
National Hazard

[*] posted on 11-7-2019 at 03:08

Quote: Originally posted by Rocinante  
The papers I've read place KClO4 flash powders at 80 % of TNT in far field impulse.

AN/Al 75:25 is at the very least 120 % of TNT or half more powerful than flash. If you have a blasting cap, slightly thermobaric ammonals are far better, safer, more powerful and cheaper than flash.

I made such mix: AN/Al/C 72:25:3 and once was able to initiate it with the aid of smoke powder (but only once). Later I mixed ammonium picrate with Al and AN. But some powerful detonator is a must. This mix is very insensitive.

Women are more perilous sometimes, than any hi explosive.

Go To Top