Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone looking for glass ware, heating mantles, stirrers, pumps near Racine WI
marethyu
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-5-2019 at 20:39
Anyone looking for glass ware, heating mantles, stirrers, pumps near Racine WI

There is this little company in Racine WI that pulls in a TON of used lab equipment, its all name brand stuff, Pyrex, Ace glass, Wilmad, Schott Duran. I found them when I went to buy stuff from them and they sell mostly used and a little new stuff and everything sells for around 25% or less of retail. They have everything from simple Erlenmeyer, beakers, round bottom flasks, and reagent bottles to more complex stuff like vacuum jacketed jointed still heads, simple condenser, pipettes, reaction vessels. They've also got stuff like high vacuum pumps, peristaltic pumps, dewars, a little bit of everything. It's all fairly cheap, even cheaper than a lot of the Chinese stuff and they got me geared up for amateur chemistry. If you want to come check some stuff out of have any questions on what they have just message me.
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 16:14

There was some interest in my previous post so I am making a more specific one. The company also sells. Buchi Rotavapors, Vacuum pumps, Overhead and magnetic stirrers, analytical balance, RB flasks, Still heads, Stoppers, Glass joint Adapters, Chromatography, Lab ovens, Ect. Almost all basic lab equipment and a lot of specialty stuff too. Most used stuff is priced right around 25% of retail and came out of closed labs that have "decontaminated the items. The stuff they have in LARGE volumes are Erlenmeyer flasks, RB flasks, adapters/stoppers, distillation accessorizes, chromatography colums from around 25mL to 200L, media bottles, volumetric flasks, and vials. They have new vials, test tubes, pipette tips, well plates, gloves, pipettes, and a ton of other disposables. Some of the prices on the higher value stuff is a full Buchi Rotavapor with glassware for ~$1300 but we may not have the evaporating and receiving flasks in the sizes you want. Vacuum pumps $200-$600 depending on the size there are some smaller diaphragm and rotary vane pumps and some extremely high vacuum high flow pumps as well rotary vane pumps as well. Some Glascol heating mantles of various sizes with chords and Variacs ~$200 depending on size and less if you don't want a power supply. Hotplate stirrers and Analytical scales are ~$500-$100 depending on size/model. if you have any questions about if we have a particular item post it in the thread so others can see and questions about availability and if you want to order, U2U me. Here are some pics
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 16:31

I can ship anywhere in the US here is a link to pics https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KSY6ylk0Ck7sLLHx_EskYi6hXcZkOI9w?usp=sharing
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 07:38
glass

008.JPG - 942kB
lordcookies24
Hazard to Self

Mood: curious

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 07:40

You got Soxhlet extractors?
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 19:20

I believe so, they are about $70
PirateDocBrown
National Hazard

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 02:16

How much for the Corning hotplate/stirrer?

How about a 500 ml heating mantle?

Phlogiston manufacturer/supplier.

For all your phlogiston needs.
Fleaker
International Hazard

Mood: nucleophilic

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 05:15

Got any 50 L, 72 L and 100 L flasks?

Neither flask nor beaker.

"Kid, you don't even know just what you don't know. "
--The Dark Lord Sauron
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 06:17

The largest round bottom they have in stock is a 20L with a flange for $250
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 06:22

The hotplate stirrer is $180 and 500mL heating mantles are $40 a piece the and I believe they have Variacs to control them for $50
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-6-2019 at 05:41

I just bought a few items via marethyu, to fill in some gaps I had, and received them as described, all well packed and intact. So I am happy with his services, as well as the company that he has found the materials at. So if there are things or equipment that I don't have, which is much now, you might try marethyu. Having multiply sources to buy from is always a good thing.
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-6-2019 at 10:52

Also if anyone is interested, I can sell chipped glassware that is still fully functional (very minor chips or chips on the outside of joints) for very very cheap like media bottles rb flasks filter flasks and condensers. like a three necked two liter round bottom flask for $15 or 14/20 round bottoms for ~$2.50 each and media bottles with very small chips on the inner rims for $5 for a 2000mL plus shipping if anyone is interested. There is not as much stuff like that but they have it and are willing to let it go at really low prices.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-6-2019 at 12:21

I can say that were I work in a lab, virtually half or more of all glassware has one or more chips in it, with no issues. We use it all daily, and it gets wear to it, scratched bottoms from stirbars over the years, chips on edges, and etching from some reactions. If there are actual star cracks or real cracks, we typically either toss it, or relegate it to minor use, not under vacuum, but I used a few beakers with minor cracks in them for years for cleaning small parts in with acetone, and they did not even leak. So when I see how afraid people are of minor chips or broken off drip tubes, I have to sign, as that is most of what I use daily, and it works fine.
karlosĀ³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 16-6-2019 at 12:49

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
I can say that were I work in a lab, virtually half or more of all glassware has one or more chips in it, with no issues. We use it all daily, and it gets wear to it, scratched bottoms from stirbars over the years, chips on edges, and etching from some reactions. If there are actual star cracks or real cracks, we typically either toss it, or relegate it to minor use, not under vacuum, but I used a few beakers with minor cracks in them for years for cleaning small parts in with acetone, and they did not even leak. So when I see how afraid people are of minor chips or broken off drip tubes, I have to sign, as that is most of what I use daily, and it works fine.

Agreed!
I don't throw something away unless it has a real bad star crack.
I just send a friend a 1l sep funnel who has a crack in its upper half, and he was really thankful for that.
Stuff like that, I don't want to waste anything.
Gov-paid labs have to do that, but we don't have their budgets.
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-6-2019 at 19:41

The company straight up has a specialized machine to break lab glass that has any imperfection except extremely high value stuff because they don't want to sell it and they get so much of it over the years.
acidbaby
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-6-2019 at 12:42

Do you keep a list of their inventory as you go through it?
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-6-2019 at 15:53

I don't currently have a hard list but i've got a fairly good handle on what they do and do not have in stock since I'm in and out so much. I could probably make a list of the basic stuff they have in stock, as well as prices similarly to Dr. Bob, did. I could also probably put together a document of chipped stuff and have them set it aside instead of destroying it. what on particular are you looking for.
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-6-2019 at 09:13

Here is there Ebay store with more specific items on it but If you go through me I can get you at least 10% off what the store price is. I also attached a document with an inventory and price list

https://www.ebay.com/str/americanlabindustrysurplus

Attachment: 2019 Glass Pricing doc.xlsx (12kB)
This file has been downloaded 269 times

marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-6-2019 at 09:32
Damaged Glass inventory

I also put together a damaged glass inventory that I will update as I find more damaged glass, This isn't everything we have feel free to ask about damaged things not on the list and everything is still functional and in ok shape. I will email you photos of an item if you would like everything is priced around 10% or less of retail. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nyZop11OsrI3hYNWfFUZysFqx6BmGhawJLGZBFBCuWw/edit?usp=sharing
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 19-6-2019 at 09:41

Happen to have any UV lamps for TLC work? 254nm, but ines that can do both short and long wave might be nice.

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious." - Dieter Rams
marethyu
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-6-2019 at 10:27

They have a hand help Entela UV lamp 6-watt with 254nm and 365 mm wavelengths model number 95-0007-05 for $70

Go To Top