Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Condensing reports to single file formats
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 17-12-2010 at 14:02
Condensing reports to single file formats

I need to be able to gather documents, spreadsheets, graphs, photographs and illustrations into a single file that I can email to the end reader as a signed report. I am able to do this with a scanner but it makes n o sense to print when no one needs hard copy. I am confident that others here are way ahead of me on this and my question would be what software should I be using assuming we're going to stay within a windows platform or a linux system? Thanks for any and all information related to this.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
not_important
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-12-2010 at 15:31

OpenOffice Writer, even though it has various problems and issues, will let you put together a document containing images and whatnot. You can ship the document itself, OO is available for *NIX, Win, & Mac, or export it as a PDF file while retaining the editable format for your own use.
crazedguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: You can't fix stupid

[*] posted on 17-12-2010 at 16:47

Use Microsoft word would be the easiest word files can be opened by the linux or you could use open office on linux.

Warning: i do stupid things
http://www.youtube.com/user/Craz3dguy
not_important
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-12-2010 at 18:30

Should not that newer MSWord versions are not always fully successfully read and displayed by non-MS programs, OO while more limited is fully cross-platform compatible. OO is free as well, while MSOffice is $ which can be considerable for non-(students, NPO, and similar).

smuv
National Hazard

Mood: Jingoistic

[*] posted on 18-12-2010 at 08:50

Just print to pdf and combine the pdfs (using adobe acrobat, or other pdf writer) or print to image (TIFF or postscript) and combine the images to make a pdf (again using pdf writer).
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 21-12-2010 at 11:18

I think this last one is the way we'll go. Thanks all for your replies.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)

Go To Top