Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: WTB Mercuric Chloride
halothane
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-12-2010 at 17:49
WTB Mercuric Chloride

Please U2U me if you have any HgCl2 for sale. Thank you.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 21-12-2010 at 21:52

I would suggest no one U2U the person with only one single post requesting that you sell him something highly toxic. I hope I dont need to say this to you all but im sure someone would consider negotiating with this fellow so he could harm himself.

Hey, If you pay me a shit load of money I will synthesis a bunch for you. I got plenty of Hg and have performed the synthesis many times, also I could use a little extra cash.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
k2976
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-12-2010 at 12:11

It's completely legal to buy. You've got nothing to worry about......unless your doing something illegal.
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 26-12-2010 at 14:14

Quote: Originally posted by k2976  
It's completely legal to buy. You've got nothing to worry about......unless your doing something illegal.

What a load of crap.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
Bismuth
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-12-2010 at 16:23

HgCl2 is certainly used in some clandestine productions so I would be reluctant on providing an individual that we know very little about with the chemical. That being said, there are also many uses that aren't clandestine.

To add to that, my concern is that someone would simply pour the chemical down the sink or something when they don't want it anymore. I could have taken something like 1kg HgCl2 back to my lab for free at one point. But it's just a nasty chemical that would cost me a lot of money to dispose of properly.

If you're honestly keen halothane, while it is toxic procedure, obtaining elemental mercury and making it yourself isn't very difficult to do. I don't think many members here would help you out otherwise.

The WiZard is In
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-12-2010 at 16:54

Ahhhhaa how do you know what is illegal?

In da US of A it is illegal under federal law to sell Vietnamese
catfish as - catfish therefore they can only be sold as
“basa” or “tra” or "sawai".

Two US citizens received 8-year sentences for importing Honduran
shrimp in plastic bags. There is NO US law against it - there is,
however, a Honduran law which the US enforces. It is easy to see
the great social upheaval that would occur if Americans could
violate Honduran shrimp/plastic bag laws.

If I spray my Comet Bathroom Cleaner more than/less than
6-8 inches from a soiled surface I am violating a federal law, and
will surly be hauled off to the gaol.

Remember the US Supreme Court has ruled that innocence is NOT
a defense against execution. If you received a fair trial — you got's
what coming to you.

Don't ask for too much crime control you get what you asked for.
crazyboy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Marginally insane

[*] posted on 26-12-2010 at 17:21

Quote: Originally posted by Bismuth  

If you're honestly keen halothane, while it is toxic procedure, obtaining elemental mercury and making it yourself isn't very difficult to do. I don't think many members here would help you out otherwise.

I can't advise against this enough. Mercury and all of it's water soluble salts are toxic and many are volatile or prone to sublimation. Metallic mercury in combination with heat, water and strong mineral acids is a recipe for disaster.

It is unusual for a person to register on this forum and then only ask how to obtain a compound which is an integral part in many clandestine syntheses.

Tungsten.
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-12-2010 at 12:44

Ok, I'll hear you out on this one. Instead of automatically assuming that you are going to make MD(M)A or (meth)amphetamine. I'll assume that you are some legal substance that requires an aluminum amalgam reduction.

Here is a link to the synthesis of Hg2Cl2 (scroll down). Even with its limited soulbility in water it should work just fine in an amalgam for you.

http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/mercurychlor...

I recommend using this over HgCl2 because of it's limited solubility it is <LESS> toxic than HgCl2 and was even used as a medicine in the 1800's and was an ingredient in teething powders up until the 1950's.

Don't get me wrong though. You can get mercury poisoning from this, and you best not dump it down the drain. Just put your waste in a gallon milk jug and take it to a hazmat facility when you get a chance.

I feel quite strongly that this sort of knowledge should be free, it is what you do with it that should be the responsibly of the user.

*gets off soap box*
k2976
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-12-2010 at 14:07

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
What a load of crap.

Not really, I've never had any problems getting it. When someone asks what I'm doing with it I tell them. Not a big deal, unless you have no idea what you're doing to begin with and just following some instructions you found on the internet to "cook" drugs. Hell if you really can't think of a way to get this chemical on your own you really don't need to be making drugs. Probably end up giving a bunch of unsuspecting people mercury poisoning. I'm not an asshole but I call them like I see them. It's cool if you think that's a "load of crap", you can eat the drugs this genius is cooking up.
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 29-12-2010 at 23:18

What a load of crap.

Not really, I've never had any problems getting it. When someone asks what I'm doing with it I tell them. Not a big deal, unless you have no idea what you're doing to begin with and just following some instructions you found on the internet to "cook" drugs. Hell if you really can't think of a way to get this chemical on your own you really don't need to be making drugs. Probably end up giving a bunch of unsuspecting people mercury poisoning. I'm not an asshole but I call them like I see them. It's cool if you think that's a "load of crap", you can eat the drugs this genius is cooking up.

Have IQ's dropped this low on this site? When I said what a load of crap I was replying to the quote "You've got nothing to worry about......unless your doing something illegal.". Have you not read all the threads in Legal where amateurs are being persecuted and busted for doing nothing illegal, just real science. At the very least if not busted then broken trying to defend themselves paying legal fees. Or had their work and materials confiscated and destroyed, in any case being hit financially so hard and/or had their record so blemished it wrecked their chances of real jobs. Not to mention made so broke they had to quit college to pay for their defense.

Eat their drugs? I promise you I am so against their drugs if they ran into me they would be spending the rest of their lives in a cage with 'Bubba' their new best friend.

You had better watch your mouth.

Must edit to add: I'm not an asshole but I call them like I see them.

Not an asshole? You are the worst asshole I have ever encountered on this site! I think it is time the mods got smart and moved this thread to Detritus with a punk like you accusing me of drug involvement and escalating this thread to violence. Somehow I do not think the site owners wish to be defending themselves in a libel/slander lawsuit.

[Edited on 12-30-2010 by IrC]

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
turd
National Hazard

[*] posted on 30-12-2010 at 01:15

Don't risk buying it, make it.
In most countries, if you shop around, you will be able to buy mercury switches with ~20g mercury for very cheap.
Go the usual Hg->HgSO4->HgO->HgCl2 route, but don't trash any basic mercury salts. If what you're after is Hg2+ solutions and a slightly acidic medium is OK, you can also simply use HgSO4 and dissolve that by dropwise addition of H2SO4.

Have you not read all the threads in Legal where amateurs are being persecuted and busted for doing nothing illegal, just real science.

Of course these are not mutually exclusive. Testing uncommon ways of making 2C/B _is_ real science. As is bioassaying novel compounds which may fall under some dubious "analog acts" in some equally dubious jurisdictions.

Quote:
You are the worst asshole I have ever encountered on this site!

Your outburst of anger wasn't much better, and is definitely out of place on a science site. A well meant advice: If you feel the urge to flame someone, wait a few hours for the anger to cool down and reread the posting you're replying to. Chances are good that you misunderstood what the guy was saying and are just reacting to some out-of-context words.
k2976
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-12-2010 at 17:17

Have IQ's dropped this low on this site? When I said what a load of crap I was replying to the quote "You've got nothing to worry about......unless your doing something illegal.". Have you not read all the threads in Legal where amateurs are being persecuted and busted for doing nothing illegal, just real science. At the very least if not busted then broken trying to defend themselves paying legal fees. Or had their work and materials confiscated and destroyed, in any case being hit financially so hard and/or had their record so blemished it wrecked their chances of real jobs. Not to mention made so broke they had to quit college to pay for their defense.

Eat their drugs? I promise you I am so against their drugs if they ran into me they would be spending the rest of their lives in a cage with 'Bubba' their new best friend.

You had better watch your mouth.

Must edit to add: I'm not an asshole but I call them like I see them.

Not an asshole? You are the worst asshole I have ever encountered on this site! I think it is time the mods got smart and moved this thread to Detritus with a punk like you accusing me of drug involvement and escalating this thread to violence. Somehow I do not think the site owners wish to be defending themselves in a libel/slander lawsuit.

[Edited on 12-30-2010 by IrC]

Well I obviously misunderstood your post if it's not apparent by the context of my post. I've never heard of anyone having problems ordering it for legitimate purposes, which is why someone worrying about it seems suspect. Escalate the thread to violence? slander?:D lmao Like I said your very short post lead me to the conclusion. I apologize but you have to admit it was very easy to take your post out of context in the context of the thread with the lack of detail in your response. Not an asshole I promise;)
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 30-12-2010 at 18:16

I am pretty sure this person is posting under atlest three different screen names if not more, I would advise all to ignore all other postings by this member, this kind of behavoir is retarded.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
redox
Hazard to Others

Mood: Chalcogenetic

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 03:33

If you need mercuric chloride, buy it from www.elementalscientific.net

[Edited on 7-6-2011 by redox]

My quite small but growing Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealChemLabs

Newest video: Synthesis of Chloroform

The difference between chemists and chemical engineers: Chemists use test tubes, chemical engineers use buckets.
LanthanumK
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 04:23

Mercury(II) chloride should only be used by responsible people. If users have known you for a long time, then they may trust you enough to use their HgCl2 in a responsible way. Because you have not been on this site long and your identity is not clear yet, anyone on this site possessing mercuric chloride will be wary of selling a highly toxic and dangerous substance to someone who may misuse it. So either buy corrosive sublimate from a chemical store or produce it from Hg and chemicals until you gain the trust of the community.
azo
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 04:40

Even if he was going to use it to manufacture drugs he ovuesly has very little knowledge of chemistry other wise he would not be asking for it here and proberly is unaware of the dangers,whats gets me and i see it all the time they see a method on the net for drugs and they think it is like baking a cake and without spending years of study they are just not going to be able do it, they are most likely are going to get seriously injuried or killed.
And what make me mad is the contents of there efforts end up down the drain or dumped somewhere creating serious dangers to others who come in contact with it .
IF THEY CANT MAKE SOMETHING AS EASY AS THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ACHEIVE ANYTHING.
LanthanumK
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 04:50

To halothane: If you are interested in chemistry, start at the top of group 12, not at the bottom.
digitalemu
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 09:37

If you're going to get Mercury in your body, salts are certainly going to do it. You can hold a glob of Mercury in your hand without much ill effect, minimal absorbtion, hold that Mercury(II) chloride salt in your hand and you're guaranteed to absorb a condsiderable amount.

That being said, it's impossible to know what a particular individual's planned use of any item is, as a new users first post or 500th post, but certainly asking for something like this as a first post definitely raises eyebrows especially when there is no intended use described. Does not even say "I need some because I am trying to do this". I honestly can't say what this individual could be using it for, that would be unfair to judge that way, but I would urge anyone to not sell this to anyone, especially to this new account.

starman
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 10:40

This was halothane's one and only post and was made before christmas last year so I think replies to him are pretty much wasted.There is already an excellent thread on this (Mr Anonymous = Roscoe?).

Chemistry- The journey from the end of physics to the beginning of life.(starman)
digitalemu
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 11:59

Quote: Originally posted by starman  
This was halothane's one and only post and was made before christmas last year so I think replies to him are pretty much wasted.There is already an excellent thread on this (Mr Anonymous = Roscoe?).

Wow, did not realize when responding this went back so far. Whats with reviving this thread? :)

LanthanumK
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 12:38

Redox edited it: after which I edited and then everyone else edited it. Everyone follows each other. :P

Go To Top