Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Just One Meal a Day Longevity Approach
Diurea
Harmless

Mood: Yes

[*] posted on 6-7-2019 at 13:00

Hello,

This is my first post. I read this and had to tell my (fathers) story. So roughly 5-6 years ago my pops had type II diabetes. Was taking metformin and peptide injections in the skin. He convinced himself via whatever research he had done that he only needed to eat one time a day. His doctor was pretty upset after he found out he started such a regimen. After all diabetics are supposed to eat regularly. My dad refused to change until his bloodwork showed otherwise.

To jump to the end of the story, he is now off all his medication (diabetic). His doctor (long time doc in family, all of us) has admitted he doesn’t understand it but “it’s working” so...

My dad claims, from what he can gather, that diabetes is caused by a fatty liver. We store fat in our liver and since we are constantly eating every 4 hours our livers don’t go through glycogen cycles and build up fat. I guess livers are responsible for insulin, idk I’m not a doc. Just what I remember him saying. Basically his thought is we hunted and gatgeeed in the day, ate a huge meal, and fell asleep by the fire in our primitive years.

After all these years and watching his body and medication change, I believe the guy. I know there’s some diabetics that would end up in the ER if they tried this though...
AJKOER
Radically Dubious

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-7-2019 at 18:17

I'm sorry to say this, but in certain countries with a for-profit medical establishment, I really don't believe that ones best health is the chief objective of the medical practitioner. My doctors over time appear to be overly police from watch dog organizations threatening to take away their license if they don't tout the line of legally prescribed procedures. The latter, of which, appears to me to primarily support existing commercial (for example, pharmaceutical) interests.

Based on my direct experience with several doctors, they're not interested in what actually makes you healthy or prevents you from getting sick, they're just interested in doing their job, by the rules, not any breaking research results or alternative approaches demonstrating success, even though it may cost you your life!

That apparently is your job!

Relatedly, many years ago I actually tried to have a conversation with my doctor on the benefits of certain foods. Before I could even get too far into the conversation, I was immediately interrupted as he put up his hand and pointed to a food chart. For those who don't know what is a food chart, it is a politically / scientifically manufactured document that's supposed to tell you the amount of protein, vegetables, carbohydrates, sugar, excetera, one is supposed to have in their daily diet. This story is likely a true reflection of the sad state of health advice one is likely to get from your physician.

[Edited on 7-7-2019 by AJKOER]
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 7-7-2019 at 16:27

I've done this forever with few exceptions and I doubt there are any health benefits to it. It's possible that it's screwing up my blood sugar and causing problems. Except for hair color I may not look like I'm past 50, but I feel like it and more.

"You're going to be all right, kid...Everything's under control." Yossarian, to Snowden
Morgan
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-7-2019 at 15:45

The tortoise fasting ability more or less. Longevity 150 years thereabouts.

"Galápagos tortoises are herbivores that eat prickly pear cactus (a favorite) and fruits, as well as flowers, leaves, and grasses. In fact, these tortoises can go without eating or drinking for up to a year, because they can store food and water so well. Tortoises don’t have teeth, so they use the bony outer edges of the mouth to bite off and mash food. Once in the mouth, food is quickly swallowed. They don’t have a good sense of smell, so they use their eyes to find food. Anything red really gets their attention!"
https://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/galapagos-tortoise

Maybe a single meal a day would tend to be less calories if you didn't eat junk food which might circumvent caloric intake. Whole fruits and vegetables are bulky.
AJKOER
Radically Dubious

[*] posted on 9-7-2019 at 06:41

Quote: Originally posted by Morgan  

Maybe a single meal a day would tend to be less calories if you didn't eat junk food which might circumvent caloric intake. Whole fruits and vegetables are bulky.

The control mice study with a single meal category is NOT a reduced caloric diet. There are already studies indicated the benefits of the reduced caloric diet, but it remains an unappetizing choice for most people and as such, is not a threat to say, the billion dollar snack food industry, as would perhaps a single meal plan could be.

In my opinion, the weak argument presented against the single meal protocol is counter indicated by, for example, the mice study (there were NOT of a lot of sick mice to begin with that got better, given the homogeneous nature of the test mouse population). The real rationale is the fear of endorsing a growing potentially much more healthy meal protocol. The snack food industry, revenues in the billions by itself, could be impacted. There is also even the health industry special sectors addressing diabetes and other chronic conditions that may potentially be no longer a big growth business.

Only a truly selfless, honest and courageous medical practitioner would be crazy enough to take on giants as Coke, Pepsi, makers of potatoes chips, chocolate snack bars,....
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top