Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Methamphetamine
Oxidation87
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 09:37
Methamphetamine

Journal of American Chemical Society 1944? Page 1009 had reduction of phenyl-2-chloropropane with excess methylamine in alcohol and got 60% yield.My suggestion is to use the bromo compound instead as bromide is a better leaving group than chloride and use mesitylene as solvent. You can heat a schedule 80 4 inch pipe(10 inches long)at 150Celsius for 9 hours in.mineral oil.The ingredients would be 199.08 g bromo compound(154 ml) and 846 ml mesitylene which would nicely dissolve 3 moles methylamine. Since pv=nrt the pressure would be about 98atm...steel schedule 80 can handle that. Since the solvent is not an alcohol and your using the bromo instead of chloro my guess is the yield would improve to 70-75%.After 9 hours cool a few hours and process similar to that article. You could get close to 5 ounces of Walter White rocket fuel! The best.news is that phenyl-2-bromopropane stuff is made in 75% yield from bromobenzene!
morganbw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 10:53

Good for you sir,
give it a try and let us know how it went.

Love working with a bomb.
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 14:19

[moderator comment]
You will find little interest in methamphetamine here.
"Five ounces of Walter White rocket fuel" is plenty enough to put you behind bars just about anywhere in the world. To have that as your stated goal is concerning, and you will find little support for your project. That is not what this board is for. You could take this discussion elsewhere.

Bromo or Chloro is and interesting question. Although I am pretty confident that the answer is already known. Let's keep discussion focussed on that. There are very many possible routes and the synthesis is not considered difficult: I would be extremely surprised if your idea was a novel one.
[/modding]

morganbw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 14:48

@j_sum1

I know I yipped once about a thread that was closed but sir, I fail to see any possible discussion coming from this one.
The opening post won't allow any positive growth, IMHO
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 15:44

Quote: Originally posted by morganbw  
@j_sum1

I know I yipped once about a thread that was closed but sir, I fail to see any possible discussion coming from this one.
The opening post won't allow any positive growth, IMHO

I forget who yips.
I will draw the line as close to board policy as I can. Although I do agree with you. My personal inclination is to bin this thing as I don't believe anything productive can come from anything related to methamphetamine.
Maybe there will arise some discussion on the mecahnisms involved. Maybe the thread will gain no more comments and sink like a stone. If it starts to get derailed I will shut it down pronto.

SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 18:27

Sounds to me like a polar aprotic solvent would be more appropriate here.

And how about just throwing some KI in there with the chlorocompound. That ought to speed the reaction up.

If memory serves, these reactions specified in that old paper give some awfully low yields.

The initial formation of the chlorocompound was a low yielding reaction too. Alkylation with Ferric Chloride and allyl chloride I think.
Purification by high vacuum distillation was needed.

draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 21:45

Methamphetamine is so tacky and last year.why don't you aim for something respectable like mdma,2cb, cocaine analogues of the future or if you just aim to make money and be a speed freak,step it up a notch and do 4mar.meth is just so tacky and low class.

Go To Top