Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How do I reply to a specific post?
FrankMartin
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-1-2011 at 16:36
How do I reply to a specific post?

I mean the type that ends up in a box in the post of interest.
Frank
hkparker
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-1-2011 at 16:48

You can quote it, or type @ before the persons name your talking to, but theres no "reply" button. Someone wanna more this to forum matters? Doesn't belong is chemistry in general.

My YouTube Channel

"Nothing is too wonderful to be true if it be consistent with the laws of nature." -Michael Faraday
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 3-1-2011 at 18:44

Quote: Originally posted by FrankMartin  
I mean the type that ends up in a box in the post of interest.
Frank

There's a "quote" button, in blue, upper right hand corner of the person's post. Toggle it.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
woelen
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-1-2011 at 23:44
FrankMartin
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 14:47
How do I reply to a particular poster?

I've asked this before, but I still cannot do it! Can someone explain, in simple steps, (as though to a 5 year-old) which buttons to push and the exact procedure.

Also, where is one supposed to post questions such as this one? I cannot find a clue in the FAQ either.
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 15:39

I've asked this before, but I still cannot do it! Can someone explain, in simple steps, (as though to a 5 year-old) which buttons to push and the exact procedure.

Also, where is one supposed to post questions such as this one? I cannot find a clue in the FAQ either.

Sure, click on the 'quote' button in the top right corner of the post that you want to reply to. This will open up a reply page that you can then type in your reply just as I am right now.

Forum matters would probably be the best place to put things like this :)

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
FrankMartin
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 16:39

Thanks, I tried this but all I get is a box full of the text of the previous post. Where do I type the reply?
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

Mood: Cleaved

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 16:43

Thanks, I tried this but all I get is a box full of the text of the previous post. Where do I type the reply?

You type it either before "[ rquote=200486&tid=15420&author=FrankMartin]" (example) or after "[ /rquote]", but not between them.
These pieces of BBcode tells the forum software how to display the message - everything between those two bits of code will be displayed inside a quote box.

[Edited on 3-2-2011 by Lambda-Eyde]
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Threads Merged
4-2-2011 at 08:31
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 4-2-2011 at 08:40

FrankMartin, do not communicate on the forum as you would be communicating with a machine! We don't like crossposting threads, misplacing them, or posting garbage test posts in the existing threads just because you are having troubles finding the "Quote" button or use the BB code. In case you are new to internet forums, I can tell you that test posts should be cleaned up after use, crossposting is considered rude and misplacing threads is careless.

Go To Top