Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: "Bath Salts" Added to controlled chem list in LA
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 22:03

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  
Yeah, 'cos the Chinese are barbarians'

I get the Sarcasm. Much as I hate to put down my own country however the statistics are a disturbing revelation of where the U.S. is heading. The numbers of people of higher education and the level of education they possess in China compared to the U.S. indicates this country has nearly achieved the goal of becoming Idiocracy while China is heading to the top in terms of an advanced highly educated society. Not that they do not have a large poorly educated 'worker class', yet the numbers of citizens who are very highly advanced in the technological sciences is already making my country look like the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Very sad if you ask me but I firmly believe in calling things the way they are, nothing to be gained by hiding the pathetic yet true truth.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 23:11

Now there's a point that ties in many of my thoughts on people in general, governments, and where the world is heading. Strangely enough it took a thread on "legal highs" to bring it out.

From what I have learned on several forums is the eastern cultures are fighting to educate their citizens. Without understating anything the Asian countries have fought from almost zero technology to a top contender in many of the worlds most used markets.

I think it's fair to say they are pursuing a goal of a better society, and actually accomplishing it.

Now step back and look at the western nations. India, and Russia are screwed. India is just overpopulated, and has to deal w/ that. Russia is ... Russia. Africa? Who the hell knows.
All the rest of us are stuck in a system that is pushing education out of reach for the majority of our populations. You have to be that one in a thousand to get full scholarships or the one in a 10,000 that can afford to pay or that one in a hundred thousand that can do it all by themselves. We all complain that the rich get richer, and the working poor pay them to get richer.

What's wrong with this picture?

Many of us blame countries like China for selling us cheap crap, yet we don't make anything better to replace it with. We buy it because we are gluttonous, and just buy everything that we can find.

Look around your house. I'll bet that at least 80% of what you own was made in China or made from China made parts. They have everything going for them, and we all complain about how "poor us" can't catch a break.

I know... It's not all green grass, and roses but it is sneaking up on us, and guess who will eventually be calling the shots.

Maybe when Hillary gets in she can nuke the rest of the planet for us so we can still be the boss of the world. That's almost where we have allowed ourselves to be corralled.

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 04:28

Quote: Originally posted by Zombie  
Now there's a point that ties in many of my thoughts on people in general, governments, and where the world is heading. Strangely enough it took a thread on "legal highs" to bring it out.

From what I have learned on several forums is the eastern cultures are fighting to educate their citizens. Without understating anything the Asian countries have fought from almost zero technology to a top contender in many of the worlds most used markets.

I think it's fair to say they are pursuing a goal of a better society, and actually accomplishing it.

Now step back and look at the western nations. India, and Russia are screwed. India is just overpopulated, and has to deal w/ that. Russia is ... Russia. Africa? Who the hell knows.
All the rest of us are stuck in a system that is pushing education out of reach for the majority of our populations. You have to be that one in a thousand to get full scholarships or the one in a 10,000 that can afford to pay or that one in a hundred thousand that can do it all by themselves. We all complain that the rich get richer, and the working poor pay them to get richer.

What's wrong with this picture?

Many of us blame countries like China for selling us cheap crap, yet we don't make anything better to replace it with. We buy it because we are gluttonous, and just buy everything that we can find.

Look around your house. I'll bet that at least 80% of what you own was made in China or made from China made parts. They have everything going for them, and we all complain about how "poor us" can't catch a break.

I know... It's not all green grass, and roses but it is sneaking up on us, and guess who will eventually be calling the shots.

Maybe when Hillary gets in she can nuke the rest of the planet for us so we can still be the boss of the world. That's almost where we have allowed ourselves to be corralled.

As for paying for education, we have elected to pre-pay our children's college using a Virginia 529 plan. You pay today's rates to cover the rates of 18 years from now. It's expensive, but I think it will be worth it.

And the Chinese are not evil. I admire them for their work ethic, which is something the USA could learn a lot from. Instead, we think we are entitled, and are still riding the wave created by the previous generations. We have also regulated ourselves into a corner and raised the cost of manufacturing to insanity, where it starts to make sense to import from other countries. It will soon catch up with us.

I have often thought one of the easiest ways to attacks a countries economy is to flood the market with cheap, malignant, and addictive drugs. If you can affect the people of a nation, you effect that nation. I would think a government would have an easier time smuggling drugs into a country than a cartel necessarily would, and I am not saying the Chinese are doing this, but if I wanted to take down a country, this is one of the multiple ways I would do it. It would also be more effective if the country had social healthcare.
gregxy
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 10:08

I have visited China several times over the past few years. Even though I am a white American, I really think they are going to kick our butts. They are "hungry for success" and their government seems (at the time) to be making the right choices. A good thing about a one party system is that you know who to blame when things go wrong.

America has huge issues with "attitude", entitlement and idolizing the wrong people. At this point I don't think free education in America would do anything but waste money. I gave my kids free college and it didn't help. The either chose bad majors or couldn't complete their classes. You get what you pay for and you value what you work for. If the racial barriers were removed from college admissions, the top universities would be 90% Asian.

I doubt the "bath salts" are an attempt to undermine America. Chinese have a "buyer beware" type of attitude and will sell you any stupid thing you are willing to pay for. If China has a strategy to attack America it is to sell us disposable items and buy up our real estate.
jock88
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 15:22

It's not that long ago (the chinese are happy to remember) that britain fought a war with china so that it could continue to sell opium to the masses in china.
We are complaining about their 'dominance'.
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 3-6-2015 at 15:41

Opium war... Great point.

I think they are hip to that tho.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/15/news/economy/japan-china-us-...
Move over, Beijing. Japan now owns more U.S. government debt than any other country, ending China's six-year run as the top foreign holder of U.S. Treasuries.
Data from the Treasury Department released Wednesday show that Japan owned $1.2244 trillion worth of U.S. government securities at the end of February, compared to $1.2237 trillion for China.

Add this to the real estate holding that China has here, I can't even find a reference for this. I don't believe anyone want's this public.

In the 1940's they worried that we might end up speaking German... Poppycock!

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
jock88
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 03:45

China are attempting to unload Americal debt.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top