Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Stores in/near buffalo
FluoroPunch
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-7-2019 at 19:30
Stores in/near buffalo

Hi guys,

I was planning a trip with a friend to get some chemicals from hardware stores and such from Buffalo that aren't as available/cheap in Canada. Does anyone know the area/anywhere nearby that has any good stores? Obviously I'm looking for things that are innocuous, like stump removes i.e. copper sulfate / sodium metabisulfite. (Nothing that would cause trouble at the border.) Maybe even potassium permanganate if possible. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks.
monolithic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-7-2019 at 05:06

There's probably an Ace Hardware near there. They're good for a lot of solvents and some acids and bases.
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 26-7-2019 at 10:19

Try fish/pet stores for potassium permanganate (aka Condy's crystals, permanganate crystals, etc.)

Copper sulfate is horrifically expensive from hardware stores IMO... then again, I have better OTC access than most. Pure H2SO4, HCl, NaOH and others all within my hometown.

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
FluoroPunch
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-7-2019 at 15:53

Thanks guys, I'm just not familiar with the stores in America.

Also wow, that's really lucky. Pure H2SO4 as in *not* drain cleaner? I have access to HCl, NaOH and drain cleaner sulfuric acid so I'm ok on that front. It's just a few other things like bisulfites that are less common. I think with shipping and everything the copper sulfate online would be more expensive than if I went to get it locally, but I guess I'll see the prices.

Go To Top