Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Propionyl chloride
Smoker Root
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-8-2019 at 13:13
Propionyl chloride

I was lead by nostalgia to watch one of Chemplayer's videos. And i saw one that shows how to make propionyl Chloride from Pcl3 and propionic acid. Nice video by the way, However at the end he simple destills his solution too obtain pure propionyl Chloride but he says too destill everithing un the range of 70-90. However, propionyl chlorides bp is at 80, why that wide range that could carry a Lot of impurities? Should I just get what comes in at 80 or follow the range?

By the way I don't want this too make fentanyl, I haré those types of things. If it was a THC precursor you can be sure of my purpose
ZetekitoxinAB
Harmless

Mood: Omberacetam

[*] posted on 6-8-2019 at 15:35

THC can be made from OTC CBD, by intramolecular Friedel Crafts alkylation. However I didnt experiment as CBD is waaay overly priced; of course vendors try to justify this by claiming extraction is difficult etc but in fact it is all carefully worked out to make more profit.

PCl3 has a bp of 76 degrees C so I guess it would be important to make sure it is all consumed; after that I dont see what other many impurities could there be between 70 and 90, as propanoic acid has a much higher bp. I would say it has to do with yield.

Also other fentanyl analogs with shorter (acetyl) or longer acyloil chains remain very strong full opioid agonists...
Smoker Root
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-8-2019 at 05:16

Quote: Originally posted by ZetekitoxinAB  
THC can be made from OTC CBD, by intramolecular Friedel Crafts alkylation. However I didnt experiment as CBD is waaay overly priced; of course vendors try to justify this by claiming extraction is difficult etc but in fact it is all carefully worked out to make more profit.

PCl3 has a bp of 76 degrees C so I guess it would be important to make sure it is all consumed; after that I dont see what other many impurities could there be between 70 and 90, as propanoic acid has a much higher bp. I would say it has to do with yield.

Also other fentanyl analogs with shorter (acetyl) or longer acyloil chains remain very strong full opioid agonists...

Yeah, I saw that patent. I am keen too try it when I hace a nirtrogen tank. And CBD cristals prices are Indeed too high, in fact I extract them from a Cannabis plant(legal since it produces less than 0.20% of THC)
chemplayer...
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-8-2019 at 05:40

In the event that your PCl3 is not totally pure or your propionic acid not totally dry (both are likely), using a stoichiometric ratio you're going to end up with excess propionic acid in the mixture and in the crude product (you saw the HCl coming off?). Keeping the boiling point down minimises this from coming over in the purified product. You shouldn't in practice see too much of a range in the boiling point of the product.

Watch some vintage ChemPlayer: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/chemplayer/
Smoker Root
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-8-2019 at 11:50

Quote: Originally posted by chemplayer...  
In the event that your PCl3 is not totally pure or your propionic acid not totally dry (both are likely), using a stoichiometric ratio you're going to end up with excess propionic acid in the mixture and in the crude product (you saw the HCl coming off?). Keeping the boiling point down minimises this from coming over in the purified product. You shouldn't in practice see too much of a range in the boiling point of the product.

Hi, thank you for answering. I see that the Main impurities un PCl3 are under 0.1% and are arsenic and bromide.
I also thought that the range of bps would be so high. So basically I just keep the limit at 85? Or just get what comes at 80c?
Yes, HCL is supposed to he emites.

Go To Top