Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Buying chemicals in Poland "OTC"
Fery
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-9-2021 at 19:19

I'm also very satisfied with onyxmet, I have bought from Tom a lot of times already. IIRC when the order was in few hundreds of EUR the shipment was free?
Of course order from other PL supplier which has to be delivered on pallet - in such a case I buy so many items that the price of shipment is negligible. I wouldn't expect pallet delivery to be free.
karolus28 thx for the info, maybe I'll try to buy something from allegro.pl, just to have this kind of experience and report it here, so it could help also others

[Edited on 2-9-2021 by Fery]

Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-9-2021 at 01:27

Is it true that purchasing many reagents is actually quite restricted in Poland for an individual?
chemship1978
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-9-2021 at 02:42

Yes, please keep in mind that without a business reagents like permanganate or red phosphorus or conc. acids are restricted by drug precursor laws and anti-EM laws.
karolus28
Hazard to Self

Mood: zgrzyt

[*] posted on 2-9-2021 at 05:41

the others are, but potassium permanganate I think is possible to buy, though you have to fill some kind of a "declaration of use", so they send you a paper, you have to print it, sign it, and send a picture to them, I've never done this before but if you're not from poland then it might be problematic so I wouldn't reccomend doing that

nitrates and metal powders are on the "monitored" list

UE says that ammonium nitrate above about 50% (16% of nitrogen) is illegal but in Poland you can buy it as fertiliser 95%pure (34% nitrogen), just search "saletra amonowa 34" here they sell 1kg of that fertilizer but the frice is as if you were buying a 25kg bag, I bought 3kg of urea, 1kg MgSO4 and 8kg of AN from them - everything dissolves and crystalizes as it sould

[Edited on 2-9-2021 by karolus28]

Hi, please read about exif data.
Bedlasky
International Hazard

Mood: Volatile

[*] posted on 3-9-2021 at 09:30

I can by KMnO4 without any declaration in my country.

Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-9-2021 at 10:00

Apparently I can too. At least a couple of online stores sell it by the kilo, for various reasons. It is listed as a precursor, but apparently the list is not that absolute.

After the new ban directive, there were two options countries could adapt: a licensing system, or total ban. Some countries chose total ban, and as I was under impression that Poland was one of these countries?
valeg96
Hazard to Others

Mood: Moodless

[*] posted on 6-9-2021 at 11:39

I went to the Czech Republic and Poland for the holidays and had to stop in Warsaw, so I said "why not?" and placed an online order with Warchem and selected "cash" as payment method.

They don't speak english, but I sent them an email with the days I was going to be in Warsaw. Turns out public transport in Warsaw is very efficient and there is a bus stop in front of their store, so I just went there, handed them the money and they pulled out my tray of reagents.
The same day I shipped them home with economy mail.

Overall I paid 120€ for 40 different reagents (15 indicators in the 1-5 g scale and some analytical primary standards as well such as acid potassium phthalate or inorganics I didn't want to make like CdO or PbO).

No questions asked and good quality chemicals you can't find in many other places. If you provide them with your ID they even sell As compounds to the general public, fyi.

If any of you ever stops by in Warsaw I highly suggest placing an order online. They don't speak English but they are professional nonetheless.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top