Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Laboratory Supplier around Houston, Texas
piracetam
Hazard to Self

Mood: copacetic

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 14:01

Quote: Originally posted by cyanureeves  
last year i walked into united food store and bought sodium hydroxide from the shelf.This year it's not possible and if you ask the manager for it you will get mean stares.

some lowes in tx still carry Roebic. it's 100% NaOH.

[Edited on 3-4-2011 by piracetam]
Temporary2
Harmless

Mood: Activated

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 19:18

I am glad I don't live in Texas. I also saw that california has some kind of glassware law.

California Penal Code 2002:
Health & Safety Code § 11104.5:

Any person who knowingly or intentionally possesses any laboratory glassware or apparatus, any chemical reagent or solvent, or any combination thereof, where the value of the goods exceeds one hundred dollars ($100), or any chemical substance specified in Section 11107.1, with the intent to manufacture a controlled substance, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

The state of California aggressively prosecutes those charged with alleged drug manufacturing and cultivation and consequences of a conviction are particularly harsh, and the length of a prison term may be twice as long as terms for drug transportation and sales. It is not the time to gamble with your rights and your future.

Illegal drug manufacturing evidence found in your home may be dismissed for various reasons, including a lack of probable cause for a search warrant, entering your property without a warrant or if the information that caused the police to target your property was obtained from an unreliable informant.

Prior criminal history, manufacturing in close proximity to a school or playground or if weapons were found can lead to additional charges as well as much harsher sentencing. A firearm charge alone can add several years to your sentence (when coupled with the underlying drug charges), although if the firearm wasn’t loaded, not yours, was properly licensed or not on your person those charges can be significantly reduced.
piracetam
Hazard to Self

Mood: copacetic

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 19:35

I've had no problem getting anything here in the lone star state. never done anything to attract attention to myself, so I've never had a knock on the door from guys in dark blue windbreakers. Sure, we have some draconian laws, but so do a lot of other states; frankly, most people think tx has ridiculous laws because they associate this state with a certain former president who's originally from connecticut.

alas...ignorant people are everywhere
Dandy Lion
Harmless

Mood: Dandy

[*] posted on 4-4-2011 at 09:42

I've ordered glassware that I don't have a permit for, in Texas to Texas from Texas, particularly from Scientific Equipment of Houston. All went well. :)

I have never run into a company that demanded a permit from me.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top