Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: pigments as a source for chemicals
fritz
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-2-2004 at 08:38
pigments as a source for chemicals

Some time ago I found a very intresting catalogue: a list of watercoluors and oil paints in which the pigments and the substances of which they consist are discribed. So I give you a list of the pigments which are (I think) most intresting.

The pigments are discribed in the so called Cilor index system which gives a number to every tone. This should bevalid in every country. If you doubt you may for example first analyze a small sample of the pigment before you buy more of it.

The color index names (C.I.) are divided into different groups. This would help in searching a special pigment.
PW= pigment white
PY= pigment yellow
PO= pigment orange
PR= pigment red
PV= pigment violet
PB= pigment blue
PG=pigment green
PBr= pigment brown
PBk= pigment black

Here comes the list:

(name or formula of the substance/C.I.number)

TiO2 /PW4
ZnO /PW4
iron oxide red (maybe pure Fe2O3) /PR101
cadmium-zinc-sulphide /PY35
bismuthvanadate /PY184
cadmiumsulfoselenide (the first source I know for selene)/ PO20
cobalt-zinc-siliciumoxide /PB74
spinell (Co,Al-oxide) /PB28
cobalt-lithium-titan-zincoxide /PB36
Spinell (cobalt-chromoxide) /PG26
cobalt-titan-nickeloxide /PG19
cromoxide green (maybe pure Cr2O3) /PG17
chrom-antimon-titan-yellow /PBr24
ironoxidehydrate (rust) /PY42

unfortunatelly I could not find in the catalogue what I found last days in a paint shop: leadchromate which is used as a yellow pigment.
I think the most frequent form of this pigments will be in the form of ready mixed paints in small dishes or tubes.These are from my knowledge rather inexpensive (but contain therefor not very much of the pigments and are surely mixed with binders or other shit). A better form is to buy the pure pigments (which could be
really expensive!!) this might be difficult because I don`t think much paint shops will sell them.
Nosferatu
Harmless

Mood: Dark

[*] posted on 17-2-2004 at 04:01
Speaking about pigments...

Indigo is a very interesting pigment if you want to prepare mind-altering compounds, such as tryptamines. However, I have no clue if there is any interest in those compounds at this forum, I haven't looked yet.

Grof Orlock
Lestat
Banned

Mood: Aggravated

[*] posted on 17-5-2004 at 19:19

Nosferatu, I have a great interest in tryptamines at the moment, how is indigo used? and to do what? I have never seen or read anything about this before and am quite intrigued.

The meek arn\'t going to inherit everything, their greedy relatives will get there long before someone bothered to tell the meek than someone has died.

Go To Top