Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A new type of discussion board
crazyboy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Marginally insane

[*] posted on 9-10-2019 at 19:24
A new type of discussion board

As you can see from my profile, I've been a member of sciencemadness for some time, though I've not been active in the last few years. Since I was a teenager I've been a member of a number of forums for a number of different hobbies and I've also been an active user on Reddit and a number of Facebook groups.

Despite everything I've learned from all these internet communities they all have different but serious flaws.

The single specialty forums like sciencemadness tend to have very active helpful users who make significant contributions to the board. But forums are generally geared towards very specific interests and moderation and website quality very vastly between different bbcode boards.

Reddit and Facebook groups allow users to create an infinite number of boards allowing for diverse and niche subject matter where lots of interesting discussion goes on. However this anarachic system leads to fragmentation and duplicated groups. Additionally moderation can be very bad, and up votes and likes can incentivize low effort content rather than insightful discussions.

I am developing a concept for a new type of online community geared towards facilitating meaningful discussion and useful contribution without the drawbacks of the bbcode forums.

It would be very useful if you would take a short survey to help me understand what you like and don't like about the various online communities that you use.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4oeQLPN0PR-BdmfTR8DA4E0RTBQifqFuOzL5NkYPvsGG-Hw/viewform?usp=sf_link

[Edited on 10-10-2019 by crazyboy]
TheMrbunGee
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorising

[*] posted on 9-10-2019 at 22:18

Good luck!

Go To Top