Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: bioreduction of ketones to chiral alcohols with carrot slices
karlosĀ³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 29-1-2020 at 12:50

Well, even if it is without health benefits, it is still a pretty great source of proteins and stuff.
Also, I can use the same setup to grow Porphyridium cruentum for the harvest of arachidonic acid :)
MrDoctor
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-9-2024 at 20:45

Just thought id throw something in since methods for making high surface area carrot was brought up. most peelers are bidirectional, if you take a peeler and just run it up and down repeatedly it will shave thin slices off in both directions, each time cutting the previously peeled strip as you change direction.

i do this sometimes when i feel like melting a single carrot into my sauce for the sweetness it gives, but i dont want sour chunks of carrot remaining, nor can i be bothered to cook it so long it all goes soft after that point. I didnt realize you could do this until i was like 26 or so so i just figure it might not be something obvious that occurs to people.

most of a carrot can be shredded into paper thin strips very quickly by hand this way and you can press really lightly to get the thinnest possible strips.
Im just assuming of course that a blender isnt an option for some reason
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top