Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2 liquid phase boundaries react to shaking at different frequencies
fusso
International Hazard

shocked.gif posted on 9-11-2019 at 11:48
2 liquid phase boundaries react to shaking at different frequencies

I found that when a system of 2 immiscible liquids were shaken, the 2 boundaries resonate at different frequencies.
From this, one can shake the system at a certain frequency to stir the interphasic boundary while leaving the air-liquid boundary relatively calm.

[Edited on 191109 by fusso]

Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 9-11-2019 at 18:03

Would be a cool demo- definitely would make a great video if the two phases were of different colors.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-11-2019 at 02:19

You can by wave machines for your desk.

and below is a link to a video of one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZ8vrj-qzM

[Edited on 11/10/2019 by wg48temp9]

I am wg48 but not on my usual pc hence the temp handle.
Thank goodness for Fleming and the fungi.
Old codger' lives matters, wear a mask and help save them.
Be aware of demagoguery, keep your frontal lobes fully engaged.
I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.
Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 10-11-2019 at 17:18

Yes, but that really has only one dynamic fluid interface. I think what fusso is getting at is having two dynamic interfaces but only one face in motion. Same idea, but a bit more complex in practice.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.

Go To Top