Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Archive of permanently deleted nile red videos not even available on patreon
Cou
National Hazard

Mood: Mad Scientist

[*] posted on 13-11-2019 at 18:37
Archive of permanently deleted nile red videos not even available on patreon

https://archive.org/details/youtube_UCFhXFikryT4aFcLkLw2LBLA...

any others missing here?

[Edited on 14-11-2019 by Cou]
lordcookies24
Hazard to Self

Mood: curious

[*] posted on 13-11-2019 at 19:18

I understand why some of the ones like methylamine and hydroiodic acid got deleted. But pottasium nitrate? You can buy that at Walmart! There is no reason why it had to be deleted
Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-11-2019 at 19:38

nurdrage hidden videos:

Making potassium https://youtu.be/gHgyn-wsxFw

Can't find the sodium cyanide video

edit: sodium cyanide video, download before it gets taken down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVm3QqYIAp8

[Edited on 14-11-2019 by Cou]
vibbzlab
Hazard to Others

Mood: Always curious

[*] posted on 13-11-2019 at 20:06

Why were these videos removed?

Amateur chemist. Doctor by profession
Have a small cute home chemistry lab.

Please do check out my lab in YouTube link below

This is my YouTube channel
Schmiddy
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-11-2019 at 20:48

Quote: Originally posted by vibbzlab  
Why were these videos removed?

because of the nanny state mentality,they want to prevent drug making(while Canada is flooded with cheap fentanyl from china) and they want to prevent terrorism,while open our borders to all and sundry.

it stops the lazy and ignorant which is good but when the restrictions go too far it seriously hampers progress for legit students and researchers.

falling leaf stump remover,the easiest source of K nitrate ws put behind the counter as of Jan1 of this year and you need t show gov, ID to buy it.
it's about $16 a pound and some places restrict you to two bottles per visit

the problem obviously is that you can't stop knowledge and if someone really wanted large amounts of potassium nitrates you can get it by synthesizing it from scratch.

Government restrictions defeated by a library card.

Look up what a Gong farmer is and why they became so well paid.

Old piss was big business at one time.
chemplayer...
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 04:00

Nile is in it now as a business, and no disrespect to him for that, but he has to think as a business first and foremost which means reducing any risk and ensuring he has a very stable platform to build on.

Watch some vintage ChemPlayer: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/chemplayer/
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 05:08

I can't wait until I'm under fire for that acetic anhydride apparatus...
phlogiston
International Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 07:15

Content creaters should question their business model if it depends on such an unreliable/whimsical platform.

We, as customers, vote by choosing where we watch the content that we like. It would not be so bad to promote the popularity of other video sharing platforms.

[Edited on 14-11-2019 by phlogiston]

-----
"If a rocket goes up, who cares where it comes down, that's not my concern said Wernher von Braun" - Tom Lehrer
Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 07:32

Quote: Originally posted by chemplayer...  
Nile is in it now as a business, and no disrespect to him for that, but he has to think as a business first and foremost which means reducing any risk and ensuring he has a very stable platform to build on.

I miss when nile red did more organic synthesis, and not showy inorganic chemistry to impress the lay people.
Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 07:59

Quote: Originally posted by Cou  

I miss when nile red did more organic synthesis, and not showy inorganic chemistry to impress the lay people.

Pretty much every "science" channel once big enough becomes like that, the reason is simple, most of the audience is dumb like a rock, so to get views you need dumb videos.
Look at Grant thomsom the king of random, I subscribed to his channel after his fifth video, he made good content, well thought projects that needed many tries and development, but once he grew enough, to get even more subscribers and views he just focused on stupid stuff, and people sadly like that. We are a minority, if you want to live out of YouTube reveniews you need a big audience, we simply are not enough, but there are countless idiots or very uncultured people.
I mean, nurdrage synthesizes, 30k views at most, shattering a heart frozen in liquid nitrogen?? Ahhh let the millions of views flow

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------
vibbzlab
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 09:25

Ye people sees dumb stuff poor creators like me are suffering. people want to see fish in Sulfuric acid hand in Sulfuric acid. Burning meat with sparkler. Throwing bottle of sodium in water. Wtf is this

Dan Vizine
National Hazard

Mood: High Resistance

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 12:51

If you are making a video as an instructional guide you shouldn't be surprised at having a limited audience. You mostly can't put anything that we'd consider useful into 3 or 4 minutes. And that's the kind of video that gets a lot of hits on platforms like YouTube. The video describing how to get thorium from a microwave oven vastly outpaces my own video describing an actual working process to that end. The former is only a few minutes long but mine takes 25 minutes to wrap up. Consequently, I have only about 1.3 k views in more than a year. The fact is, most YouTube viewers aren't looking for a how-to as much as they are looking for quick entertainment. Add to this the desire by authorities to suppress certain knowledge and I'd say that on the whole, we're probably lucky to get the limited number of useful videos that we do.

[Edited on 11/14/2019 by Dan Vizine]

"All Your Children Are Poor Unfortunate Victims of Lies You Believe, a Plague Upon Your Ignorance that Keeps the Youth from the Truth They Deserve"...F. Zappa
annaandherdad
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 15:04

I was one of the 1.4k viewers and I was impressed by the amount of work you put into the project, your knowledge and skill in carrying it out, and your courage in doing the work in the first place, in view of the dangers. (I kept thinking of what would happen on inhaling a nanogram of thorium oxide dust, for example.)

It was not a small matter, and it will stand the test of time, which most of the microwave videos will not.

Any other SF Bay chemists?
vibbzlab
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 16:06

My views are very bad

rockyit98
Hazard to Others

Mood: no mood is a good mood

[*] posted on 14-11-2019 at 16:16

before i got high speed internet i used to download Youtube videos before watching them because to avoid buffering.but the habit stuck with me specially for chemistry videos for obvious reasons.as it seems i'm not the only one. now i have 200GB of stuff to sort out.if you know any more videos that you can't find let me know.maybe i have them.

"A mind is a terrible thing to lose"-Meisner
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-11-2019 at 04:21

Quote: Originally posted by Dan Vizine  
The fact is, most YouTube viewers aren't looking for a how-to as much as they are looking for quick entertainment.
[Edited on 11/14/2019 by Dan Vizine]

Yes, this is the real reason. Not because people are dumb ;)

"Normal" viewers go to Youtube for entertainment.
We go there to learn.
It would be interesting to know how normal users browse YT compared to a population that is not afraid of 25mn+ videos.

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
John paul III
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-11-2019 at 05:06

Since the topics' already there, are there videos preserved from original explosions&fire channel, besides those six vids on vimeo?
Velzee
Hazard to Others

Mood: Taking it easy

[*] posted on 15-11-2019 at 17:14

Quote: Originally posted by Ubya  
Quote: Originally posted by Cou  

Pretty much every "science" channel once big enough becomes like that, the reason is simple, most of the audience is dumb like a rock, so to get views you need dumb videos.
Look at Grant thomsom the king of random, I subscribed to his channel after his fifth video, he made good content, well thought projects that needed many tries and development, but once he grew enough, to get even more subscribers and views he just focused on stupid stuff, and people sadly like that. We are a minority, if you want to live out of YouTube reveniews you need a big audience, we simply are not enough, but there are countless idiots or very uncultured people.
I mean, nurdrage synthesizes, 30k views at most, shattering a heart frozen in liquid nitrogen?? Ahhh let the millions of views flow

Yeah, may his soul Rest in Peace, but I used to be a big fan of his years ago (and I just recently realized that one of the first few videos that got me into the hobby was made by The BackYardScientist), but as soon as they got huge, it was as if their quality tumbled. I honestly couldn't stand watching most of Thompson's newer content (and still can't watch TBYS's new content without cringing), but I did and still do have massive respect for the both of them. To be fair, it's channels like theirs that get people hooked into the idea of exploring science, although it may not be the best way, it does. My ex used to come to me frequently for my more in-depth explanations to a lot of their videos, and she enjoys me teaching her about it all.

Maybe we sound like boomers, but I guess everyone is introduced differently to science. Some like a simpler experience, some like a detailed experience. I assume that if you're on this board, you like lots of details.

[Edited on 11/16/2019 by Velzee]

Check out the ScienceMadness Wiki: http://www.sciencemadness.org/smwiki/index.php/Main_Page

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
—Arthur Schopenhauer

"¡Vivá Cristo Rey!"
—Saint José Sánchez del Río
ElizabethGreene
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 07:34

Quote: Originally posted by lordcookies24  
But potassium nitrate? You can buy that at Walmart! There is no reason why it had to be deleted

Could you clarify this? I'm not aware of an OTC source for potassium nitrate.

My Journal has moved to http://clutteredlab.com
Abromination
Hazard to Others

Mood: 1,4 tar

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 11:05

Quote: Originally posted by John paul III  
Since the topics' already there, are there videos preserved from original explosions&fire channel, besides those six vids on vimeo?

I think there may be a few on the explosions&fire subreddit.

List of materials made by ScienceMadness.org users:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmJ8uq-h4IkXPxD5svnT...
--------------------------------
Elements Collected: H, Li, B, C, N, O, Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Fe, Ni, Cu, Zn, Ag, I, Au, Pb, Bi, Am
Last Acquired: B
Next: Na
--------------
hodges
National Hazard

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 17:01

Quote: Originally posted by ElizabethGreene  

Could you clarify this? I'm not aware of an OTC source for potassium nitrate.

Stump remover is mostly KNO3.

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 18:39

Quote: Originally posted by John paul III  

When the channel went down, Explosions and Fire stated that he was not going to restore everything to the new E&F2 channel. He figured that losing a lot of the earlier stuff was not an enormous loss: basically because he had learned so much in the intervening period and that his focus had changed considerably. Also he said that he had not kept accurate backups of the earlier material. Some of it was a bit Jackass anyway.
G-Coupled
Hazard to Others

Mood: Slightly triturated

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 19:26

This is why services like BitChute exist - it wouldn't take much for archives of these 'problematic' videos to be preserved for the future.

Even archive.org for the more notable stuff.

It'd be a damn shame to permanently lose a lot of this media IMO.
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 19:26

He should've not deleted the final product after uploading them to online platforms. Always have a backup of everything.:facepalm:

G-Coupled
Hazard to Others

Mood: Slightly triturated

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 21:18

The simplest thing to do would be to set the 'problematic' videos to 'private' on YouTube, then the link(s) could be given to those who want to preserve them.

EDIT: If anyone wants a fantastic backup app for YouTube on Android, YouTube Downloader for Android by Dentex (get the link from XDA) works brilliantly.

YouTube-dl is the gold standard on other platforms.

[Edited on 24-11-2019 by G-Coupled]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top