Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Archive of permanently deleted nile red videos not even available on patreon
Tdep
National Hazard

Mood: PhD is done! It isn't good but it's over lol

[*] posted on 24-11-2019 at 17:23

Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  

When the channel went down, Explosions and Fire stated that he was not going to restore everything to the new E&F2 channel. He figured that losing a lot of the earlier stuff was not an enormous loss: basically because he had learned so much in the intervening period and that his focus had changed considerably. Also he said that he had not kept accurate backups of the earlier material. Some of it was a bit Jackass anyway.

This is very correct, but people were sharing backups without my consent or control anyway. This was something I wasn't a fan of, mainly because the early videos featured other people doing stupid things, and now they're trying to be doctors and teachers and stuff, and I didn't want to ruin their lives.
So I went through and got clearance for each video from everyone involved and now I have a Bitchute with the older videos and the newer ones, uploaded in chronological order of them being originally put up on Youtube (well, to the best of my memory): https://www.bitchute.com/channel/UfBs6jQYpKJB/

You can decide for yourself if the content is jackass or not, but i'll be surprised if you think that the earlier videos are worthwhile viewing. Its interesting to me because I like seeing how the videos and the format progressed, and i've put some 'directors commentary' notes under each video, but still, a lot of the content is a painful watch (the 'Sodium Hydroxide' video is probably the most painful). Content that is more better remembered than revisited, at least I think.

Paddywhacker
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-11-2019 at 02:36

Quote: Originally posted by Cou  
https://archive.org/details/youtube_UCFhXFikryT4aFcLkLw2LBLA...

any others missing here?

[Edited on 14-11-2019 by Cou]

I have 53 gig of copies of many such videos from YouTube of a few years ago. I'm willing to share them if anybody is interested and can propose a workable method.

Image1.jpg - 698kB
G-Coupled
Hazard to Others

Mood: Slightly triturated

[*] posted on 29-11-2019 at 03:44

Quote: Originally posted by Paddywhacker  
Quote: Originally posted by Cou  
https://archive.org/details/youtube_UCFhXFikryT4aFcLkLw2LBLA...

any others missing here?

[Edited on 14-11-2019 by Cou]

I have 53 gig of copies of many such videos from YouTube of a few years ago. I'm willing to share them if anybody is interested and can propose a workable method.

Why not upload them to BitChute? :cool:
cirice1
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-11-2019 at 07:38

I am at 233 gigs.

Capture.PNG - 257kB

[Edited on 29-11-2019 by cirice1]
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-11-2019 at 08:58

I prefer using torrent. I hope someone would upload to torrent sharing sites like pirate bay so I can download them all at once.

G-Coupled
Hazard to Others

Mood: Slightly triturated

[*] posted on 29-11-2019 at 09:13

BitChute also uses torrents to seed videos. :cool:
cirice1
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-11-2019 at 13:10

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  
I prefer using torrent. I hope someone would upload to torrent sharing sites like pirate bay so I can download them all at once.

It isn't a complete archive, it mostly lack some of the newest NileRed and Nurdrage videos, a lot of videos from John Black Super Chemist are not in it and also i don't have any vids from PoorMans Chemist

Attachment: youtube chem.torrent (1.3MB)
This file has been downloaded 626 times

Paddywhacker
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-12-2019 at 09:48

Here is my own smaller collection.

Edit: Magnet URI magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5DE990393DFA8C26CB8D6DC129FC4BCC48C0FC78&dn=Chemistry%20Demos&tr=http%3a%2f%2fwww.torrent-downloads.to%3a2710%2fannounce&a mp;tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com %3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sumotracker.com%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradis e.org%3a6969

Attachment: Chemistry Demos.torrent (194kB)
This file has been downloaded 545 times

[Edited on 5-12-2019 by Paddywhacker]
Paddywhacker
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-12-2019 at 15:12

Has anybody had any success getting filed from these torrents?

I haven't been able to grab any of circe1's, and it appears that nobody has downloaded any of mine. Maybe I'm not using uTorrent properly. A screenshot of my torrent with trackers is attached.

Image1.jpg - 273kB
alex007
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-3-2020 at 12:20
Thanks for sharing!!!

Quote: Originally posted by cirice1  
Quote: Originally posted by fusso  

It isn't a complete archive, it mostly lack some of the newest NileRed and Nurdrage videos, a lot of videos from John Black Super Chemist are not in it and also i don't have any vids from PoorMans Chemist

Many, many thanks for sharing your collection cirice1. You have some titles from various channels which have since been deleted on Youtube. I'm busy downloading your torrent now. Thanks for seeding too if that's you.

Ever since Youtube began its censorship campaign around 2016-17 onwards, I've been scrambling to rip as many Youtube channels which I fear will come under the axe. I'm also scrambling to find copies of deleted content before they too disappear. I started off downloading each video manually, then I learned about youtube-dl and automated downloading, then went through the steep learning curve of advanced shell programming in order to download other website content which I deem precious and in danger of disappearing forever. Youtube has come down especially hard on chemistry channels. In fact, the entire internet is getting censored as we see website after website being shut down. Wikileaks will surely be next on their radar. The trend is clear: they want to keep potentially dangerous knowledge away from inquisitive minds. They want us all to be declawed, domesticated and rendered harmless, like factory-farmed chicken. And let's not even mention the over-the-top copyright policing. But this is another story for another day.

If you don't already know, there are backups of various chemistry channels on archive.org, some of which include deleted videos:
Code:
NileRed https://archive.org/details/NileRed_me https://archive.org/details/youtube_UCFhXFikryT4aFcLkLw2LBLA NurdRage: https://archive.org/details/Nurdrage_me https://archive.org/details/youtube_UCIgKGGJkt1MrNmhq3vRibYA Laboratory of Liptakov: https://archive.org/details/LaboratoryofLiptakov_me and more....

The archive.org search engine is not very tolerant of mistakes. It won't present results which are similar, only exact matching results. When searching channel names, try various combinations of strings eg for NileRed, try nile red, red nile, nilered, therednile etc. Also search for the channel identifier eg UCIgKGGJkt1MrNmhq3vRibYA. There's a user called Video Archivist who uploads specifically deleted videos to archive.org from various channels, using the channel identifier.

And lastly, you must obviously know that various users have also moved to Bitchute. For example, the old Laboratory of Liptakov videos which were censored by Youtube are now at:
Code:
https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mendelejev/

It looks like the ScienceMadness chemistry channel list has kept track of all the changes:
Code:
http://www.sciencemadness.org/smwiki/index.php/List_of_chemistry_Youtube_channels

Forgive me if I'm just stating the obvious. I'm new here an just signed up. I thought I'd post this partly for the benefit of others who will find this thread in later years.
cirice1
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-3-2023 at 08:25

I created a new archive , it is 430gb.

Attachment: yt chem video archive.torrent (4.8MB)
This file has been downloaded 225 times

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 05:51

Quote: Originally posted by chemplayer...  
Nile is in it now as a business, and no disrespect to him for that, but he has to think as a business first and foremost which means reducing any risk and ensuring he has a very stable platform to build on.

So what/where is Nile Red's business?

Texium
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 06:40

His videos are his business

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
cirice1
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 08:04

The PMC folder is empty, but this should give you an idea about the content of the archive.

yt chem archive.jpg - 392kB
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 12:26

Quote: Originally posted by Texium  
His videos are his business

Should have guessed really.

When someone says 'business' an old codger like me thinks of tangible good but in the new paradigm you can also think 'influencer'... :(;):(;)

scitiana
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-3-2023 at 06:46

there seems to be no seeds on this torrent

throwing science at the wall and seeing what sticks
cirice1
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-3-2023 at 09:37

Quote: Originally posted by scitiana  

there seems to be no seeds on this torrent

That's weird, there is someone who is downloading it, and i also tried it on another pc and it seems to be working
scitiana
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-3-2023 at 13:39

fixed the issue by using a different client for some reason Ktorrent was ignoring the seeders

throwing science at the wall and seeing what sticks
Parakeet
Hazard to Self

Mood: V (V)

[*] posted on 13-3-2023 at 03:57

I was finally able to watch some of the Nurdrage’s deleted videos. Thank you, cirice1! :)
cirice1
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-3-2023 at 00:59

Quote: Originally posted by Parakeet  
I was finally able to watch some of the Nurdrage’s deleted videos. Thank you, cirice1! :)

Sure! With the way YouTube is going I believe it's important to have these locally, so if you download it please keep seeding it as much and as long as possible
lux_obscura
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-2-2024 at 14:07

Thank you so much for this invaluable archive!

One question though: is anybody still seeding it? I downloaded around 35% then it stopped or slowed down to 10 kB/s.
lux_obscura
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-2-2024 at 01:20

Managed to download to 46%, still seeders with terribly low upload speed of 10 kB/s.
Kevlar
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-3-2024 at 02:56

I never was aware that ScienceMadness has it's very own Youtube channel! Now I do, and have just had a gander and looks helpfull.

I'm just in the process of recording my experiments and editing them for making a Youtube channel of my own, I have no intention of gaing fame like NileRed but doing them for the knowledge they hold. And even if they got a following, I would have to keep it real like NurdRage & Explosions&Fire!

“If you do not expect the unexpected, you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail.”
(Heraclitus)
Bedlasky
International Hazard

Mood: Volatile

[*] posted on 10-3-2024 at 04:27

Quote: Originally posted by Kevlar  
I never was aware that ScienceMadness has it's very own Youtube channel! Now I do, and have just had a gander and looks helpfull.

I'm just in the process of recording my experiments and editing them for making a Youtube channel of my own, I have no intention of gaing fame like NileRed but doing them for the knowledge they hold. And even if they got a following, I would have to keep it real like NurdRage & Explosions&Fire!

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/@Sciencemadness/videos

I don't think this is Science Madness official youtube channel. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
lux_obscura
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-3-2024 at 05:07

Quote: Originally posted by Bedlasky  
Quote: Originally posted by Kevlar  

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/@Sciencemadness/videos

I don't think this is Science Madness official youtube channel. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

This doesn't look like an official thing. I reckon someone just used the same name.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top