Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Free one month trial of Amazon Prime not free
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 11:38
Free one month trial of Amazon Prime not free

Yes I know "free" on the web is almost never free.

So with amazon prime you get various perks in particular free delivery. So I checked the fine print: first month free and you can cancel anytime and if you do cancel before the months end you will not be charged anything. Ok so how do they cover the cost of delivery, presumably they hope I will not cancel.

Fortunately there was a problem with my card so they were unable to snatch a pound (test dept) out of my card account which caused them to suspended my Prime account. Because I was not informed of the test debt I figured they were trying to charge before the end of the month. So I tried to cancel my subscription but because my account was suspended I could not access it and I was not going to correct the card problem and allow them to snatch my money.

After much messing about with customer service (and my bank to find the problem) customer service cancelled my subscription for me.

I was now able to reread the trail offer and yes free for the first month and no mention of a trial debt. I also read the very fine print in the terms and conditions Ouch!! what a con. Actually I would have had only 21 days to cancel and would have been charged at what ever they felt was appropriate for any services I had used.

Yes FREE is almost never free on the internet. Apparently seeing the word free in an ad switches my brain to stupid mode LOL

[Edited on 11/23/2019 by wg48temp9]

I am wg48 but not on my usual pc hence the temp handle.
Thank goodness for Fleming and the fungi.
Old codger' lives matters, wear a mask and help save them.
Be aware of demagoguery, keep your frontal lobes fully engaged.
I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.
Abromination
Hazard to Others

Mood: 1,4 tar

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 15:38

Why are you complaining about this on a chemistry forum? I thought you knew better

List of materials made by ScienceMadness.org users:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmJ8uq-h4IkXPxD5svnT...
--------------------------------
Elements Collected: H, Li, B, C, N, O, Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Fe, Ni, Cu, Zn, Ag, I, Au, Pb, Bi, Am
Last Acquired: B
Next: Na
--------------
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 23-11-2019 at 17:28

Quote: Originally posted by Abromination  
Why are you complaining about this on a chemistry forum? I thought you knew better

As a warning to other SM members who may be tempted by the trial offer when buying OTC science stuff from Amazon. Possibly a side effect of stupid mode LOL.

I am wg48 but not on my usual pc hence the temp handle.
Thank goodness for Fleming and the fungi.
Old codger' lives matters, wear a mask and help save them.
Be aware of demagoguery, keep your frontal lobes fully engaged.
I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.

Go To Top