Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What combinations of chemicals should I avoid buying together? (not for pyros)
fff
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-12-2019 at 15:45
What combinations of chemicals should I avoid buying together? (not for pyros)

I want to make some nonmetal halides like PI3, S2Cl2 and Se2Cl2. What combinations of chemicals should I avoid buying together to not raise suspicion?
hodges
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-12-2019 at 19:17

At one point, particularly in the US, "cooks" would use red phosphorous and iodine in a reaction to make meth. Both phosphorous and iodine (in pure form) were then, and possibly still are, illegal to possess in the US. Certainly ordering them together would have been suspicious at one time.

I say at one time because I read that counter measures have long since made extraction of the other needed ingredients from over the counter products nearly impossible, and probably people are more concerned about opiates these days than about meth. My guess is though that the suspicion of guilt for possessing these substances (and especially ordering them together) still exists in most places.

draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-12-2019 at 02:10

If those Chems are your end goal u don't have much to worry about
fff
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-12-2019 at 14:29

Quote: Originally posted by hodges  
At one point, particularly in the US, "cooks" would use red phosphorous and iodine in a reaction to make meth. Both phosphorous and iodine (in pure form) were then, and possibly still are, illegal to possess in the US. Certainly ordering them together would have been suspicious at one time.

I say at one time because I read that counter measures have long since made extraction of the other needed ingredients from over the counter products nearly impossible, and probably people are more concerned about opiates these days than about meth. My guess is though that the suspicion of guilt for possessing these substances (and especially ordering them together) still exists in most places.

But is this applicable to UK?

Go To Top