Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 3 NaClO → 2 NaCl + NaClO3 > KCl + NaClO3 → NaCl + KClO3
caterpillar
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 14:04

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Interesting, that solution must boil. Maybe is it a key for successful. Reagents are easily available and process is relatively easy. Therefore is it interesting. Against electro cell method....:cool:

The disadvantage is that you have to prepare chlorine gas. The simplest way for me is to keep the solution of Ca(ClO)2 at, let's say, 80 Celsius for hours, then mix it with the solution of Na2CO3.

Women are more perilous sometimes, than any hi explosive.
njl
National Hazard

Mood: ambivalent

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 16:23

How fast can you make the reaction with Cl2 gas? Cl2 might be trivial to make for most of us, but maintaining a chlorine generator for hours doesn't sound fun.

Reflux condenser?? I barely know her!
caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 22:00

Quote: Originally posted by njl  
How fast can you make the reaction with Cl2 gas? Cl2 might be trivial to make for most of us, but maintaining a chlorine generator for hours doesn't sound fun.

The reaction goes quickly. The check is very simple- can you feel the smell of chlorine near your vessel with the solution of K2CO3 or not. Wide tube, and put it down into the reaction vessel as deep as it is possible. However, I do not think that you'll be able to complete the whole process in ten minutes.

caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 13:58

Quote: Originally posted by caterpillar  
Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Interesting, that solution must boil. Maybe is it a key for successful. Reagents are easily available and process is relatively easy. Therefore is it interesting. Against electro cell method....:cool:

The disadvantage is that you have to prepare chlorine gas. The simplest way for me is to keep the solution of Ca(ClO)2 at, let's say, 80 Celsius for hours, then mix it with the solution of Na2CO3.

Or it would be better to filter water with CaCl2 +Ca(ClO3)2 and add the solution of KCl.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top