Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: What is generally legal or illegal in Germany/EU?
NaK
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-2-2020 at 16:54

What I would find very interesting is how hard it would actually be to open a legal business without having a chemistry degree. I looked it up for Germany and found that apparently you don't need any permission other than the sole registration, and would need to store huge quantities of chemicals to get to the point where you would have to get your building approved as a dangerous goods storage. Maybe I'm missing something though

Having a business would have a lot of advantages because you can legally possess almost anything and also buy almost anything even from b2b only sellers. Raids with confiscations and legal trouble would also be pretty unlikely as long as your not doing anything really illegal there...
BJ68
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-2-2020 at 23:18

Quote: Originally posted by NaK  
I looked it up for Germany and found that apparently you don't need any permission
[...]

Having a business would have a lot of advantages because you can legally possess almost anything and also buy almost anything even from b2b only sellers. Raids with confiscations and legal trouble would also be pretty unlikely as long as your not doing anything really illegal there...

Sorry that´s not the case....

The Gewerbeaufsicht https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewerbeaufsicht (Trade control) will visit you and they will make requirements how to store and handling chemicals and raids are not unlikely, because the authorities are aware of the aspects which are you describing. I know one case who got more then one visit which search warrant to check if they can find something.

bj68
NaK
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-2-2020 at 04:31

It would make a lot of chemical posessions legal though. But there is a lot of bureaucratic overhead and some nasty regulations of the work enviroment that most hobby chemists probably don't really want to deal with. So keeping mouth shut and hoping no one finds out is still the best way
PTFE
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-2-2020 at 13:43

isn't it really depressing to see those regulations pop up every few years?
you cant life your hobby even when doing nothing harmfull without living in fear of loosing everything of the work´you made. and if they come they take everything just because you might could maybe choose a desicion to do something to harm one. (like making explosive compounds or psychedelic substances for the market.)

hi everyone, this is my first post. :P
fusso
International Hazard

Mood:

[*] posted on 25-2-2020 at 14:06

Oh EU's chemophobic laws about explosive precursors are already discussed to death. Can we stop this?
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: verrückt & wissenschaftlich

[*] posted on 25-2-2020 at 14:45

Just keep quiet and you're able to get anything.

If you are a lawful idiot, erm, I mean citizen, you can of course tell them you're up to make some home chemistry and want to acquire certain licenses.
But please inform us how quick they were to imprison you.
Refinery
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-4-2020 at 07:59

In where I live, a personal business title can be obtained with less than 100 bucks worth by only submitting a form to the registrant authority and you get a VAT number.

With that, you are a business, and can order mostly any chemicals, as long as other rules are being followed, based on storage etc. The chemical items could be used up in business premises, or marked as shrink.

Sulfuric acid is what annoys me, because it is a basic feedstock for mostly everything and used up in bulk.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top