Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Myostatin blocker?
crazedguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: You can't fix stupid

[*] posted on 9-2-2011 at 18:58
Myostatin blocker?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin
There have been test on animals that show Myostatin blockers used twice cause a 50 % growth in animals.
Does anyone know viable myostatin blockers, or something that would have it in them.

Warning: i do stupid things
http://www.youtube.com/user/Craz3dguy
Regolith
Hazard to Self

Mood: Glacial

[*] posted on 28-2-2011 at 23:09

My apologies I've been busy in another thread where I had forgotten the reason I'm here.

I've been doing Myostatin research since 2002. I have significant data as well as a nearly completed paper on the expression of the myostatin containing allele in Gerbil. Including animals that have been bred and/or modified to show the expression in several forms. In gerbil and human the expression is similar it does more than a 50% growth over the whole body, heart muscle tissue (interestingly) seems to not be fully affected. The effect causes more of a muscle doubling, for an example the silverback gorilla has a very lowered myostatin expression and/or the myostatin created is faulty and non functional.

Your not going to find the blocking drug form. It was tested for awhile some time ago and not put into common production by the drug company Wyeth. Stupid considering those with advanced wasting diseases would likely gladly take the risks, instead of certain death. The best you can get is to either create and multiply the myostatin antibody or use a soluble molecule that binds myostatin. The danger of both and perhaps why the drug Co. didn't start mass production is it extremely aggravates (not all forms, but some) existing benign tumours (in a few forms of cancer it's found they do there own suppression of myostatin locally to expand faster).

A german child was born to parents both having half of the blocking gene themselves, the father was so strong as to unload curb stones by hand and his mother was a gymnast. Their child by now would be several years old, pictures of his legs and arms are available showing his toddler body of impressive muscle size. They sheltered him from publicity after the discovery (wisely).

In nature a form of the blocking protein (follistatin) grows in a common soil fungus when allowed to grow in an anaerobic environment. In the wild said fungus dies upon exposure to UV and must be produced in growing media and total darkness. If you would like I can post some of the research as well as pictures of the animals. I'm not sure this is what your after.
drmisc
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-12-2011 at 05:15

hey Regolith, I am extremely interested in your research, could you please post some of the research as well as the pictures of the animals? thanks.
Chemstudent
Harmless

Mood: Contemplative

[*] posted on 5-3-2012 at 13:19

This is an area I've always looked at with GREAT interest. I've seen underground peptide manufacturers in US and abroad make synthesize Follistatin in 1-5mg portions, as well as GDF-8 Binding Protein, and Stamulumab (prototype drug) sold to bodybuilders and whomever interested in being a guinea pig. Interesting logs of such use can be found on www.professionalmuscle.com

However the consensus seems to be that to get a truly effective "inhibitor" of myostatin, one would need to get an Adeno associated virus to replicate a GDF-8 binding protein. There is where much success has been seen in rat studies, unfortunately no human studies yet but I'd gladly volunteer in a heartbeat! Double muscle??? I'm in! :)
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard
Thread Pruned
13-3-2012 at 05:37

Go To Top