Mush
National Hazard

Member Is Online

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-3-2020 at 10:03
Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment

Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment

https://covid-19.alibabacloud.com/

Attachment: Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment (Compressed).pdf (2.7MB)
This file has been downloaded 24 times
andy1988
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-3-2020 at 16:02

Some links/papers I have to share:
Coronavirus drugs: Who's doing what, and when they might come
Special report highlights potential therapeutic agents, vaccines for COVID-19 Which links to the paper: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscentsci.0c00272#
https://www.who.int/blueprint/priority-diseases/key-action/n...
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2...

A risk of vaccine development, unintended consequences: Urgently needed: New way to combat vaccine-derived poliovirus

An old paper I read talked a bit about the trouble of making a coronavirus vaccine, impairing the spike protein crippled the virus but it made for a poor vaccine in tests. Not worth sharing I guess. For this reason I particularly like the vaccine being made by Moderna who are using a replica model of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.

I particularly like the research on inhibitors of the spike protein:
10 Apr 2019 a group modeled the spike protein of many coronaviruses and found a short peptide which would inhibit many of them, meant to be a "broad spectrum" anti-coronavirus therapeutic, tested in vivo in a mouse model, delivered intranasally, and coined their short peptide "EK1": A pan-coronavirus fusion inhibitor targeting the HR1 domain of human coronavirus spike | Science Advances (Figure 1(D) shows the broad inhibition and concentration of the peptide, and Figures 4-6 give you a visual on how the inhibition works)
11 February 2020 this group reused their workflow for SARS-CoV-2 specifically to maximize efficacy, and coined the short peptide "2019-nCoV-HR2P": Fusion mechanism of 2019-nCoV and fusion inhibitors targeting HR1 domain in spike protein | Cellular & Molecular Immunology

They published the sequence in the first paper for EK1 but scrambled it, and I'm not a ninja at GROMACS. Couldn't one order some from a peptide synthesis service? I'm not sure how an amateur could synthesize peptides, I'm not familiar.

I wonder if there is a chemical that can inhibit the spike protein similarly, on a different section even. On that note my local U.S. uni is offering fee-for-service in-vitro compound testing on SARS-CoV-2.

A modeling of the spike proteins of many human coronaviruses: Prefusion structure of a human coronavirus spike protein

A modeling of the spike SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, and modeling of a common ancestor indicates it likely came from a bat: Evolution of the novel coronavirus from the ongoing Wuhan outbreak and modeling of its spike protein for risk of human transmission | SpringerLink

[Edited on 22-3-2020 by andy1988]

andy1988
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 24-3-2020 at 22:43

ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers may increase the risk of severe COVID-19. A possible explanation for the severe lung complications being seen in some people diagnosed with COVID-19. Perhaps they could substantially lower the death rate in older people with drug substitution (by restoring the "normal" amount of ACE2 receptors)?

Wuhan study shows lying face down improves breathing in severe COVID-19.

Here is the amino acid sequence for the 2019-nCoV-HR2P peptide. Solid phase peptide synthesis looks interesting.

Go To Top