Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: LSD on antipsychotics
Romix
Hazard to Others (Literally)

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-4-2020 at 21:25
LSD on antipsychotics

I'm having antipsychotic called Palliperidone injected in my arm every month, on it for almost 3 years.
After taking LSD I don't see hallucinations, on high dosages over 1 mg only pink dots appear on the walls...
And I don't get drunk of alcohol.
Why?
Sigmatropic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-4-2020 at 21:35

LSDs effects are mediated through serotonergic and adrenergic receptors. That paliperidone is an inverse agonist or antagonist at the very same receptors. Not surprising it alters the effects. It would be interesting to compare selectivity profiles but I couldn't find a complete list, although Wikipedia has a decent amount of them.

Not becoming drunk, I don't understand.
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 4-4-2020 at 05:22

Aren't these compounds rather potentiating the effects of other sedatives like alcohol, I mean, usually neuroleptic antipsychotics are more or less sedating too?
I would not recommend to combine them in such experiments, that is not very smart and potentially dangerous or even worse.

But then again, I think you are maybe trolling, because 1mg of LSD?
That is really quite a large dosage.
I don't see the reason trying to combine that, these medications act as antagonist on certain dopamin subreceptor types and usually act antagonistic for serotonin too.
That explains why they are the exact opposite of drugs which are fun, and I would assume that is why you try to use alcohol or LSD, simply to get out of these horribly sounding effects of the medication.
But you don't have to take it forever(you don't have to, right?), so pull yourself together, it will be over some time(hopefully) and steer away from these useless experiments with other drugs, its a waste of money and probably hard on your already heavily strained brain chemistry.

I think there is a good reason why they are called "chemical lobotomisation", and it is understandable it is not pleasant to have this all the time without a way to escape from it at all.
Fery
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-4-2020 at 08:41

Romix: Paliperidone is a remedy to treat psychotic symptoms and psychotic disorders. Hallucinations are one of psychotic symptoms. Did you mean 1 ug of LSD, not 1 mg? Why are you abusing shits like LSD/alcohol when you are undergoing a treatment of some serious mental problems/disorder?
karols3: some psychotic disorders require long term treatment and some of them even forever.

Romix
Hazard to Others (Literally)

[*] posted on 4-4-2020 at 08:58

Quote: Originally posted by Fery  
Romix: Paliperidone is a remedy to treat psychotic symptoms and psychotic disorders. Hallucinations are one of psychotic symptoms. Did you mean 1 ug of LSD, not 1 mg? Why are you abusing shits like LSD/alcohol when you are undergoing a treatment of some serious mental problems/disorder?
karols3: some psychotic disorders require long term treatment and some of them even forever.

1mg - 1000ug
mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 4-4-2020 at 11:33

aripiprazole and mescaline is a big wet fart too, from what I hear

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
morganbw
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-4-2020 at 12:12

Romix sir,
You may become a brilliant chemist. I do not know????
Do take care on ingesting certain chemicals/perhaps all. Your experience would probably not help most. I am sure that you realize that your mind is somewhat different than most.
Please take into account your current medicine/drug use and go from there.
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-4-2020 at 13:39

Now that's though. No trip from "1mg - 1000ug" ?
That's 10 blotters or so

What a waste :)

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
mackolol
Hazard to Others

Mood: Funky

[*] posted on 5-4-2020 at 10:31

Psychedelics don't work when on antipsychotics no matter how high dose will you take. You could take as well 5mg of LSD.
If you are having a bad trip, or you just want to end your psychedelic high solution is just to take antipsychotics or benzodiazepines.

[Edited on 5-4-2020 by mackolol]
Cou
National Hazard

Mood: Mad Scientist

[*] posted on 5-4-2020 at 17:16

Oh yes, LSD. The drug that makes you think you're an expert on quantum physics, philosophy, sociology, psychology, theology, cosmology, buddhism, and metaphysics, when you haven't even read a single book about those subjects.

not against you, but that's a stereotype i see often. and i say this from experience, psychedelics often make you mentally masturbate about how smart you are, and your potential of doing smart things, when you actually don't do anything. e.g. you fantasize about the idea of doing math, then you look at an actual linear algebra textbook and go "i don't feel like it"
Vosoryx
Hazard to Others

Mood: Serial Apple Enjoyer

[*] posted on 5-4-2020 at 17:26

Quote: Originally posted by Cou  
Oh yes, LSD. The drug that makes you think you're an expert on quantum physics, philosophy, sociology, psychology, theology, cosmology, buddhism, and metaphysics, when you haven't even read a single book about those subjects.

not against you, but that's a stereotype i see often. and i say this from experience, psychedelics often make you mentally masturbate about how smart you are, and your potential of doing smart things, when you actually don't do anything. e.g. you fantasize about the idea of doing math, then you look at an actual linear algebra textbook and go "i don't feel like it"

I assure you your experiences are not universal.

And no matter how high of a dose you take of psychedelics, taking antipsychotics or some ssris (like trazodone for example) will cancel any effects. Not good for your brain chemistry either.

"Open your mind son, before someone opens it for you." - Dr. Walter Bishop
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 6-4-2020 at 10:05

Quote: Originally posted by Cou  
psychedelics often make you mentally masturbate about how smart you are

I can't say i've ever witnessed someone coming off like that, you're most likely hanging out with people that already had this kind of mindset to begin with.

Probably not the most pleasant type of person to be around, regardless of intoxication.

Come to think of it, that's exactly what the POTUS acts like. I guess those people take after him then! :)

[Edited on 6-4-2020 by stoichiometric_steve]
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-4-2020 at 12:08

For me it is exactly the opposite.
Whenever I take these kind of drugs, I am astonished, as I see out of pure bliss things I never seen this way and it makes me kinda feel like how I do know almost nothing to begin with.
mackolol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 03:06

Microdosing of psychedelics is very interesting thing. One takes very small doses of psychedelics (LSD or shrooms are the most common for this technique) it can help with some mental problems or just boost creativity, happiness, motivation as well as desire to live.

There is a nice website that describes benefits, contains guide and explains how it scientifically works.
Microdosing is not common and not many people know about it, but it's really worthy knowledge.

Link to the website: https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing/mushrooms/
Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 03:34

the mad scientist's two favorite drugs: ethanol and DMT
karlos³
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 04:33

I do microdosing occasionally and it works, it is magnificent how good even.
When I did it the first time, I was really surprised how intense the effects were when they slowly started to manifest.
I can really recommend that.
Pyro_cat
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-4-2020 at 00:06

Quote: Originally posted by Romix  
I'm having antipsychotic called Palliperidone injected in my arm every month, on it for almost 3 years.
After taking LSD I don't see hallucinations, on high dosages over 1 mg only pink dots appear on the walls...
And I don't get drunk of alcohol.
Why?

Anti psychotic a dopamine antagonist it blocks up the keyholes so if you try and get drunk or high it wont work.

Problem is you grow more keyholes

Antipsychotic-Induced Dopamine Supersensitivity

I would medicate by mouth and try to keep the dose as low as possible as needed instead of being stuck on fixed dose with those injections.

Those injections are designed for compliance and the benefit of the system not yours.

mindfreedom dot org

[Edited on 18-4-2020 by Pyro_cat]
Pyro_cat
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-4-2020 at 00:27

I believe I am too old to ever do LSD again. I really couldn't re live the magic and possibly have a bad episode even though back in the day I never did.

No one can ever tell a long animated story about the night they drank alcohol or took cocaine that shit always ends bad but that night when we were tripping on acid and we .... (long ass fun stories go here)

You could see the gravity waves coming off the flywheel of the engine...

The old tube TVs when you turned them upside down the colors would change...

Pushing shopping carts with the car and crashing them into things then laughing and the next day your cheeks hurt.

Six Flags Great Adventure !

Blue unicorns, fritz the cat, flying mothers, bart simpsons ...

LOL !
Pyro_cat
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-4-2020 at 00:49

That time driving.

Instead of the car moving forward I was staying in the same spot and vacuuming the world into me. Front wheel drive was kind of new I think thats what started it.

OMG you guys be careful though !

And the TV upside that will flip your world I bet even if the new TVs don't change colors. Me and andy started seeing thinking the same things then WTF spiders all over the house but for real. They just like hatched no way dude not now.

Then that time with billy we were watcxhing some Vietnam war movie and the ceiling fans in the room synced up with the helicopters in the movie and unlike any other time I get sleepy and started to dose off. Billy is like no dont leave me !

The hardest part was sleeping after but that time I wanted to sleep as it was going on.

I never really "hallucinated" more of an intense enhancement

The carnival and a ride called the gravitron OMG !

These were the blue unicorns of the 1980s

symboom
International Hazard

Mood: Doing science while it is still legal since 2010

[*] posted on 18-4-2020 at 09:02

That's interesting
Antipsychotic-Induced Dopamine Supersensitivity

Anti psychotic a dopamine antagonist it blocks up the keyholes so if you try and get drunk or high it wont work.

Problem is you grow more keyholes

Seems like there is a rebound effect to the brains receptors
Such that anti opioids (opioid antagonist)might actually help pain patients if they are discontinued.

Same difference if an opioid is stopped the person becomes
Hypersensitive then a lower dose opioid is needed for pain relief starting the tolerence back down

Same diffence antoserotonic compounds could help a person's mood due to the body readjusting.

If the pendulum of the brains rebound effect could be harnessed to make new treatments for many aliments
Lowereng the chance a person may form a tolerance to a drug.

[Edited on 18-4-2020 by symboom]

Fery
National Hazard

[*] posted on 18-4-2020 at 23:12

symboom - it's very common effect in pharmacy / medicine
you suppress a receptor -> body increases the receptor synthesis
it concerns not only brain but almost everything possible and not only receptors - e.g. you block trombocytes (blood platelets) with acetylsalicylic acid which usually forces the body to synthesize more trombocytes and increase their concentration
because of very strong binding of antipsychotics to dopamine receptors there were developed new antipsychotics which do not only block the receptor but also have some internal stimulating effect on the receptor (which must be lower than stimulating effect of original neuromediator dopamine) - e.g. aripiprazole (partial agonist of D2 receptors)

Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-4-2020 at 02:04

Quote: Originally posted by Pyro_cat  

That time driving.

Instead of the car moving forward I was staying in the same spot and vacuuming the world into me. Front wheel drive was kind of new I think thats what started it.

OMG you guys be careful though !

And the TV upside that will flip your world I bet even if the new TVs don't change colors. Me and andy started seeing thinking the same things then WTF spiders all over the house but for real. They just like hatched no way dude not now.

Then that time with billy we were watcxhing some Vietnam war movie and the ceiling fans in the room synced up with the helicopters in the movie and unlike any other time I get sleepy and started to dose off. Billy is like no dont leave me !

The hardest part was sleeping after but that time I wanted to sleep as it was going on.

I never really "hallucinated" more of an intense enhancement

The carnival and a ride called the gravitron OMG !

These were the blue unicorns of the 1980s

woah XD

my youtube channel, organic chemistry videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qzaRyHxLUOExwagKStYHw
outer_limits
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridized

[*] posted on 24-4-2020 at 02:36

Quote: Originally posted by karlos³  
I do microdosing occasionally and it works, it is magnificent how good even.
When I did it the first time, I was really surprised how intense the effects were when they slowly started to manifest.
I can really recommend that.

It could be dangerous. I don't know if results of this study are relevant to LSD also but repeated administration of psilocybin can damage blood vessels and lead to ischaemic disease.
Polish medical academy conducted a research:

Quote:

MORPHOLOGICAL CHANGES IN MYOCARDIUM AND CORONARY VESSELS OBSERVED AFTER PSILOCIN ADMINISTRATION IN EXPERIMENTAL CONDITIONS Abstract Introduction and aims: Apart from psychodysleptic effects, natural hallucinogens may exhibit organ toxicity e.g., to the cardiovascular system. The aim of this paper is to evaluate morphological changes, such as histopathological and morphometric ones, observed in experimental conditions in rats under repeated administration of psilocin - an alkaloid present in hallucinogenic mushrooms, also known as magic mushrooms. Materials and methods: The study was performed on three-month-old male Wistar rats repeatedly given psilocin. The post-mortem biological material was collected in order to analyze morphological changes in the myocardium and coronary vessels using histopathological and morphometric studies. Results: Morphological changes occurred in the myocardium and coronary vessels in the form of subendocardial fibrosis, increase in the volume of loose connective tissue of the stroma, perivascular fibrosis and thickening of the vascular walls. Conclusion: Repeated administration of psilocin in rats is associated with morphological changes both in the myocardium and the coronary vessels walls. Keywords: Psylocin, hallucinogenic mushrooms (magic mushrooms), cardiotoxic effect. (Received: 24.05.2017; Revised: 25.05.2017; Accepted: 31.05.2017)

mackolol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-4-2020 at 07:11

Quote: Originally posted by outer_limits  

It could be dangerous. I don't know if results of this study are relevant to LSD also but repeated administration of psilocybin can damage blood vessels and lead to ischaemic disease.
Polish medical academy conducted a research:

That's why you do it with very small doses and once per 3 days. And to be honest, I don't think that psychedelics induce some big heart damage compared to stimulants for example which are quite safe if taken reasonably. Next thing is that you don't microdose all your life. Usually it's like a month or two.
outer_limits
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridized

[*] posted on 24-4-2020 at 11:08

Sure, in comparison to stimulant drugs they are almost harmless. But to be honest - you can never be sure that they won't do different type of damage.
I'm not sure if there is something which you can name "taking in responsible manner" without the psychologist who knows what psychedelics are and how to handle both: them and their possible adverse effects.
If you asked me few years ago I would answer totally the same. Now I am not so sure and I think that taking psychedelic drugs is similar to a bungee jumping. You don't know the crew; you don't know the gear - you don't have any control. Even if you think you have, you don't.

I used to take psychedelics which I really loved. Unfortunately, I can't do it anymore and I really miss them :)
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top