Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Is Alphachem For Real?
Chemorg42
Hazard to Others

Mood: Concentrated

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 09:25
Is Alphachem For Real?

Calling All Canadians:
To those who have ordered from them, is Alphachem (https://alphachem.ca) for real?
They have high, but not extreme prices, they do not charge hazardous materials shipping fees, and their reagent selection is unbelievable.
Everything from KMnO4 to NH4NO3 and HNO3. Even acetic anhydride and many, many more.
So is this real, did you get what you were promised?, Was it of specified quality?, In short, is it worth buying from them?

Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood a single word. (attributed to Niels Bohr)
I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics. (Richard Feynman)
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 09:55

I had gotten a quote from them at one point but too pricey for me, and some of the items I didn't want 500g of so I ended up ordering from Westlab decent prices, free shipping over $100 and I received my order the same week but not the reagent selection of Alphachem. I do wish Alphachem would put an estimated price for their 500g portions though so a person can estimate cost and doesn't have to email every time.

I did eventually try buying glacial acetic acid by replying to my quote but they didn't reply so I have not gone back to order from them.
Refinery
Hazard to Others

Mood: Still

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 10:16

There are chemical companies, even a couple where I live that supply basically what you ask for them, but they keep the prices special too. Stuff was like 13$ for 100g of KNO3, acids, organics, common salts, etc so it really was not a source at all for anything other than test tube experiments. Nowadays they supply only to schools and companies.
Vosoryx
Hazard to Others

Mood: Serial Apple Enjoyer

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 11:12

Yup, they're for real. I ordered a liter of formalin from them, it came as promised. do be warned though, shipping isn't cheap.
I can vouch for them though!

"Open your mind son, before someone opens it for you." - Dr. Walter Bishop
Alphachem
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 13:10

Hey Chemorg,

We are very much for real haha. If there are any products you’re interested shoot us email to info@alphachem.ca or give us a call.
As Syn has said majority of our dry goods are offered in a smallest size of 500g and wet goods in 500mL. For the majority of industries we serve this is what packaging makes sense. We are actively trying to work on ways to have some pricing listed on our website. With fluctuating prices and a large catalogue of products it becomes a full time job for someone to keep this updated.

Refinery; We do not supply only to schools and companies. We do sell to the general public and always have.

As for shipping, yes it can be expensive especially outside the Greater Toronto Area. We do not use our own trucks and rely on third party carriers such as Purolator, UPS, etc. Hazardous chemicals that fall under Transportation of Dangerous Goods also make shipping expensive but we always do our best to source the best possible rate for our customers by checking with multiple carriers.

Any questions just ask! I’m not the most active on here so the best way to reach us for questions is to email or Messenger through the Facebook page which I manage.

Mike

Alphachem Limited
2485 Milltower Court
Mississauga, ON
L5N 5Z6
www.alphachem.ca
info@alphachem.ca
Johnny Windchimes
Hazard to Self

Mood: Sorry, it's my chimes~!

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 13:26

Quote: Originally posted by Alphachem  
Hey Chemorg,

As for shipping, yes it can be expensive especially outside the Greater Toronto Area. We do not use our own trucks and rely on third party carriers such as Purolator, UPS, etc. Hazardous chemicals that fall under Transportation of Dangerous Goods also make shipping expensive but we always do our best to source the best possible rate for our customers by checking with multiple carriers.

I do know one person who actually just spent the 30$ or so to get whatever dangerous goods license was required for that part of Canada so they could go drive and pick up the goods themselves. Of course this does no good if you don't live near where their warehouse(s) are, or in Canada at all.....

~Incredibly profound and/or wise quote goes here~
Chemorg42
Hazard to Others

Mood: Concentrated

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 14:59

Thanks, guys,
From hat I am hearing, it seems like Alphachem is a high priced, but legit chemical source. So, unless I find an alternative, I think they will become my non-OTC chemical source, at least for now.

Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood a single word. (attributed to Niels Bohr)
I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics. (Richard Feynman)

Go To Top