Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Importing/Exporting Chemicals in the EU
Gru
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-7-2020 at 09:44
Importing/Exporting Chemicals in the EU

I am thinking of starting a business selling chemicals, sourcing supplies from the EU and China, and shipping to worldwide.
My biggest concern is shipping regulation. Can anyone recommend a decent courier company, or point me towards some published guidelines.
Any tips or general advice is also appreciated.

Thanks.
Refinery
Hazard to Others

Mood: Still

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 07:44

Shipping regulations are pretty much uniform regarding to hazmat. There are also quantity treshold exemptions, if you send 100g of something it's totally different matter than sending a pallet. Trailer unit treshold can be in order of 25kg, 500kg, etc.

Import/export from EU is no different than ordinary shipping. Most couriers offer ADR shipping and they have their own guidelines.

Some vendors just simply... send the stuff. This is irresponsible and can even be illegal.
Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 08:04

also depends to who you are selling, it is different if you are selling 1ton of chemicals to a chemical company, or 25g to the amateur guy

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 09:25

Quote: Originally posted by Gru  
I am thinking of starting a business selling chemicals, sourcing supplies from the EU and China, and shipping to worldwide.
My biggest concern is shipping regulation. Can anyone recommend a decent courier company, or point me towards some published guidelines.
Any tips or general advice is also appreciated.

Thanks.

Asking this question in an armature science forum suggests your going to struggle to succeed in the business.

I am wg48 but not on my usual pc hence the temp handle.
Thank goodness for Fleming and the fungi.
Old codger' lives matters, wear a mask and help save them.
Be aware of demagoguery, keep your frontal lobes fully engaged.
I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 18:12

Not to mention that the way to succeed in this business is to basically just ignore the shipping guidelines.sending super hazardous stuff yeah don't skimp on that but if it's not dangerous but is deemed hazardous proper shipping is going to kill your prices thus profit will dwindle.i ordered some lithium hydroxide from china and with proper shipping would be $500 or they could lie on the form and send it for $160. I wouldn't fuck about shipping bromine for example but a kilo of hydroxide is hardly in the same danger range but because it's a hazardous material it's in the same class

Go To Top